iron man 3 mark 17 heartbreaker 100w led arc reactor

sonicspeed

while im waiting on pep files to become available for the mark 17, I started working on the arc reactor I will use for that costume, I have built a hand repulsor using a 10w led and ran it at 18v and I thought that the heartbreaker unibeam should be really really bright. so with the thought of complete overkill in mind I ordered a 100w LED from china. It came in today and I tested it using 64 AAA batteries at 48V. you might be able to look at the sun longer than you can look at this thing (thats how bright it is). the final product will use lithium cells and have a arduino based driver board that will allow me to adjust the brightness so it will normally run at say 5-10% and when I activate the unibeam it will play the sound effect and ramp up to 60% then go full power.
2013-04-22 20.03.54.jpg2013-04-22 20.03.42.jpg2013-04-22 20.05.07.jpg

while im waiting on pep files to become available for the mark 17, I started working on the arc reactor I will use for that costume, I have built a hand repulsor using a 10w led and ran it at 18v and I thought that the heartbreaker unibeam should be really really bright. so with the thought of complete overkill in mind I ordered a 100w LED from china. It came in today and I tested it using 64 AAA batteries at 48V. you might be able to look at the sun longer than you can look at this thing (thats how bright it is). the final product will use lithium cells and have a arduino based driver board that will allow me to adjust the brightness so it will normally run at say 5-10% and when I activate the unibeam it will play the sound effect and ramp up to 60% then go full power.
View attachment 175115View attachment 175116View attachment 175117
holy hell....

PLEASE tell me you will have a tutorial up on how you are going to do this. I was thinking of something similar, but not as awesome as this. Looks awesome!

im waiting on a proper driver board to get here from china, once that gets here and I wire it up and I will do a write up on it for everyone

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back