Introducing Project M (Maul saber)

Saberz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally here. Project M is a go!! I'll announce in a separate thread, but pre-orders are now live. Head to www.saberz.com/ProjectM for the preorder page. Note, some folks have been seeing a warning about our SSL certificate (like "this page is unsafe" etc). Please rest assured, the page IS SAFE. So if for some reason you get that warning, please click "go to page anyway" or "ignore warning" or whatever. Anyway, here's the launch video! I recommend trying to watch on a high-resolution monitor in full 4K resolution if possible. Some of the tiny details (like fender washer outer surface) can be difficult to see at lower res. Enjoy!

Saberz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know you’re hard at work on Project M, but has any progress been made on O1 or Q?
Yes! But all of it is in the virtual world. There are lots of little imperfections from the original props that are being painstakingly measured and replicated in the 3D models. For example, on the Q, each of the curved grips has a slightly different geometry - since they were hand-milled, they don't have a uniform shape or thickness. And the emitter windows on the O1, each one is slightly different, they aren't perfectly symmetrical, etc. There are things like that all over each saber that we're taking great care to replicate perfectly, such that the Project Q and Project O1 will be every bit the definitive hilts that Project M is.

Saberz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
SLZ_6873.jpg

Final production with updated paint scheme and correct emitter face details. First batch on the way out to customers!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.