Interest Inigo Montoya Sword

Replacement sword came in the post today, thank you to Indy for making the new sword coming so promptly. Sadly the new blade is not true and has a bit of a curve in it, its quite rattley, seemes to be a greenish discolouration coming through on the guard and a lot of the gems are poorly set. Unfortunatley this replacement sword has more flaws than the one I put back. I know this is not your fault Indy, but if I could suggest using a more reliable factory for the production of any more sword in the future. These guys are a little sloppy. :(

Just got back and had the opportunity to unbox mine. First off, this thing is absolutely gorgeous, feels like Inigo handed it to me to look at instead of Westley on top of the cliffs.

It feels great in the hand, if a bit pommel heavy(but it was made for a 6 fingered man so what do you expect). I had to tell myself that a couple of times when gripping it and seeing so much leather and the distance from the end of my hand to the pommel lol.

My hilt looks pretty damn good, a couple things look kinda bent on the guard and knuckle bow, but it looks like it was from combat or a frequently used/worn sword. The stitching of the leather not being centered down the middle of the front or rear of the grip exaggerates any bit of the knuckle bow looking off centered. No knicks or scratches on the plating though.

My blade is a bit off centered tilting towards the right and my scabbard has the extra flashing on the bottom like other peoples. It isn’t completely straight, but it’s a rapier scabbard and I expect more flex in it since it isn’t a wood core scabbard like you would find in Japanese or medieval arming sword, etc scabbards.

I’ll take pics later today, when I get back home. Still jet lagged and have lots to do both at work and home lol.

Mine showed up today, I was a littler nervous before opening it. I am happy to report it seems to have turned out fine overall. My scabbard has no extra bits, the sword is straight (I think from a packing standpoint one thing others could gain is if it was packed on a wooden board) DHL mangled the box so I am surprised it was as straight as it is.

My basket hilt had no deformation in it. One of the ?prongs? was ever so slightly off center which I resolved very carefully on my own.

The only problem I had which is very minor in my eyes, is the gems on the hilt are not in the same positions from one side to the other they are near the same but off in some cases by a whole gems width. This is a minor issue as i will display the sword from the 'side' anyways so one of the sides will be facing a wall.

This is one of the longer projects I have been waiting on for my prop / theater room it seemed like it was never going to finish but I am happy I backed this project. Overall great job and although I have no issues I salute Indy for taking good care of his customers as they work through these issues.

2392711A-742B-4D7B-817C-F5B1D49A8290.jpeg

Temporary stand.
894F8BF7-3078-4944-9213-DDB93BAEE622.jpeg
E0A0BD6F-E569-4872-A5DB-81E96D2EAFD7.jpeg
887CFBC6-4ECC-4066-B9DA-367042438D3F.jpeg
69F19300-30BB-4F37-A4D6-86CBC8FED94A.jpeg
625B2887-901B-4578-AAFC-CAA8E44F9127.jpeg
F506FCA9-8223-48BD-A360-14BA22D3466E.jpeg

Do we have a definitive answer as to whether or not that is flashing or supposed to be there on the scabbard tip ?

You killed my father, prepare to die.
IMG_20190823_170538145.jpg

The sword and sheath are both absolutely beautiful, the hilt details, weight and balance are superb. There are a few minor issues (off center filigree) and unfortunately one big issue, the blade hooks to the left, it looks like it could have been done in shipping. These are poor cell phone pics in natural sunlight, they really don't do this sword justice. I'll get out a real camera tomorrow and contact Indy about the blade.
IMG_20190823_170211031.jpg

IMG_20190823_170110109.jpg

I don't think that flashing is supposed to be on the sheath tip.

A bunch of these were being inspected and packaged while I was there. The biggest "problem" with these is that they really are hand-made, so each one will vary slightly. There is no machine assembly line. It's a trade off as the hand-made look really gives an authentic feel, but you do lose out on consistency. That being said, I showed the QC guy what to look for before shipping, so hopefully there will be a bit more uniformity from here on out.

Are these being made by Windlass? For some reason I thought that's what the original post said when it was announced back in 2013 but I might be mistaken since the first post has been edited. I can handle some small detail variations but a rapier blade that isn't straight doesn't indicate a hand made variation....:(

No, I've never worked with Windlass... these are being made by a cutlery company which used to do quite a few swords, but now specialize in dinner sets and a few custom forged items. At the moment they are only producing swords exclusively for us.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back