Interest Inigo Montoya Sword

Mine looked like that. I bent the guard back carefully but was very hesitant to do that since it is plated.
Is your blade angled too?

Mine looked like that. I bent the guard back carefully but was very hesitant to do that since it is plated.
Is your blade angled too?
Yes, it matches the lower bent knuckle guard piece. But my whole basket was off.
2F9C43CA-2502-456D-A256-432D63FB3E1B.jpeg

9568930E-2AD8-4C6B-9543-9C82977BCACA.jpeg

I think a big problem we're having is that these are all handmade and the sword is asymmetrical in its design, so it takes a good eye to catch some imperfections. That being said, there really shouldn't be any major warping or twisting of the hilt or blade. If you have any issues with the sword received, shoot me a pm to discuss. I'm going to have QC tightened up on these so the next lot going out shouldn't have any problems. Thanks for all of your patience and understanding... you guys are great customers!

I think a big problem we're having is that these are all handmade and the sword is asymmetrical in its design, so it takes a good eye to catch some imperfections. That being said, there really shouldn't be any major warping or twisting of the hilt or blade. If you have any issues with the sword received, shoot me a pm to discuss. I'm going to have QC tightened up on these so the next lot going out shouldn't have any problems. Thanks for all of your patience and understanding... you guys are great customers!

You're not the culprit, it's the company that makes the swords that does not do the proper quality control, now that you assume adequate quality control I'm calm, with respect to the scabbard, it would have to be better packed...

Mine also arrived today. In general, I am super happy with it, very glad I got in on this run, and I look forward to finding a good display place for it.

A couple issues for Magnoli to let the factory be aware of. These aren't really problems to me but some may take issue with it.

1.jpg 2.jpg

The handle leather has some scuffs on it. pain missing, and what appears to be glue stuck to it in places.

Blade:

3.jpg

My blade is pretty straight if you look at the flat side, but has some noticeable wobble looking at the edge. To me, if there is going to be some wobble, this is the direction I'd prefer as it's less visible. And it's fairly minor.

4.jpg

I don't know if this print is supposed to be nicely centered, and on the back it's just glued in place. I'll probably try to peel mine off and re-glue it a bit more carefully. Again, only an issue if you're looking for problems.

The blade isn't flush to the hilt at the top. Not sure if it's supposed to be, but as I handle the sword it rattles, hitting the sides of the metal around it. I'll probably use some glue and small wood wedges to stabilize it so that doesn't happen any more.

5.jpg

The sheath

6.jpg

I don't think that trapezoid is supposed to be there... but I'm fairly certain it's gold plated so I can't imagine it would go well if I tried to cut and polish it off. Certainly the most noticeable thing that I would consider an error.

That may all sound like complaints but honestly I'd call this a 95/100, I'm VERY happy to have it and I'm satisfied as a customer! If there happens to be a way to get the sheath fixed/exchanged I'd be interested, but there's certainly no rush on that.

Anyway you slice it,these are legitimate issues that need to be addressed, although these weapons are basically for entertainment and not for functionality.

That looks fantastic! I like the clear acrylic stand, really lets the hilt stand out. One question though: Is your knucklebow a little off center? It appears so in the second picture....could be the angle though. Anyways it looks awesome, and I can't wait to receive mine!

What's the ETA for the next wave? I've not heard anything as of yet, but i don't know where i'm at on the list either. I presume, rather low :)

I'm seeing the same problems with my sword, and also my guard has come with a piece of the plating chipped off. The grip doesn't run true with the blade either, it's angled off to one side. I know that is supposed to just be an ornamental sword, but I would have expected it to be straight. But glad to report that Indy is on the case!!! :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back