Indiana Jones Trilogy screening and exhibit

star-art

Sr Member
A friend of mine passed this info along to me and thought it might be of interest for any Indy fans in the Los Angeles area:

"The American Cinematheque is pleased to announce its Indiana Jones Trilogy retrospective, January 14th and 15th, at the historic Aero Theater in Santa Monica, Ca. Join us as we pay tribute to an American Film classic.  "Raiders of the Lost Ark" will screen on Saturday, January 14th at 7:30pm. On Sunday, January 15th we will screen a double feature of  "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" starting at 5:00pm. The tribute doesn't end with just the screenings. Visual Effects Supervisor (and Academy Award winner) Michael McAlister will discuss the visual effects work on "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" on Sunday in between films. Additionally, our lobby will be decked out with exclusive behind the scenes photos, artwork, and artifacts representing all three films. The Indiana Jones Trilogy pays homage to the serials of the 30's, 40's, and 50's and it's only fitting that 25 years after the release of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" that the film play again where it all began - on the big screen.

The Aero Theater is located at 1328 Montana Ave (corner of 14th and Montana) in Santa Monica, Ca.  All guest appearances are subject to last minute changes and availability. More information can be found on the American Cinematheque/Aero website:

http://www.egyptiantheatre.com/Aero/aeromastercalendar.htm

Apparantly, Indy Magnoli has supplied some of his replicas and Lucasfilm is also providing some photos for the display. Sounds like a cool event.

I'll be there. It's right up the street from my house. I'm meeting up with some "Gear-Heads" from Club Obi Wan. Should be a great time.

DUDE I am so there... I have my Box Seat Clipper Tickets for Saturday, but I am all over the Sunday.

Brad

I've already sent my Raiders poster out to L.A. for one of my fellow gearheads to try to get it signed by Richard Edlund for the Raiders screening. I just wish I could go myself. If any of you who are going have an in, any help getting the autographs would be very much appreciated. :thumbsup
I wonder if we have any chances of Raiders being re-released even in limited theaters this year, or is this as good as it gets?

Yes, Dr.J. Please bring a camera and get a pic of Richard Edlund signing my poster if you can as well as many pics of all the Raiders stuff there, if possible. Thanks, dude. :D

One of the organizers of the event is a friend of mine (who cruises through the RPF and thought we would be interested in the screening) and sent me this update in response to what he saw posted in the thread:

"Just so nobody shows up at the screening and is disappointed - Richard Edlund had to cancel. He had to fly out to New York for a shoot on the film he is working on. We caught it in time for the posting on the RPF, but, unfortunately, the Cinematheque website still has his appearance listed.

Richard made me promise that I tell the audience of his regrets that he couldn't be there. He still considers it one of his all-time favorite films (to watch, as well as to have been a part of) and, if he could have, he would have been right there in the audience, watching it with everyone.

Regardless, it should still be a neat event, with lots to see in the lobby, Michael McAlister's appearance on Sunday, and, of course, the films themselves on the BIG screen.

Hope this doesn't spoil it for anyone......."

Well...that sucks BIG time. $30 to send my poster for nothing. Damn. :angry :cry

I was looking very forward to possibly getting his autograph being that Raiders is the only movie I really care about. After missing Ben Burtt, William Hootkins (now dead), then Karen Allen AND Paul Freeman in one day, I thought I had a good chance to get this one.

Some dreams are meant to be shattered.

Originally posted by Dr. J@Jan 11 2006, 11:16 PM
I can't go on Saturday anyway Agent 5.  Sorry, but I'll try to get some pics on Sunday.
[snapback]1156556[/snapback]​

Sounds great - I look forward to the pics.

Wish I could get there.. :cry

Thanks, J. I look forward to seeing what you get. Perhaps they'll try to make up for Edlunds last minute cancellation somehow?

Who knows, maybe Harrison Ford will take his place? :lol

I was just informed this was SOLD OUT today and they had to turn away another 200 people or so. Wow. Looks like a huge success. If you wish to go tomorrow (Sunday, January 15) plan on getting there early. The screening starts at 6:00, not 5:00 as previously posted.

Good luck. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back