In praise of PULP FICTION

Gangsters, sure. DEVIL GANGSTERS! The combo to the lock was 666.

And it's been a long time since i was in college, but all the dope, cash and gold I ever saw didn't glow with an unearthly, heavenly light.

Whatever's in there is awesome sauce.

I figured the case had a light in it and the glow was just from that and the reflection off the contents.

I figured the case had a light in it and the glow was just from that and the reflection off the contents.

The people sent to get the case were protected from the bullet fire as well. They both go into a conversation about whether or not it was divine intervention that saved them.

It's nothing to take too seriously, but it does make the movie more interesting than if they were just picking up drugs and money.

When the Devil takes your soul he take it from the back of your neck. Wallace has a bandage on the back of his neck. Read that somewhere.

+1 vote for the awesomeness of this flick. Normally I get, I don't know, BORED when there's a boatload of cursing in a movie. But all of the dialogue just "works" in Pulp Fiction.

During the overdose scene (<--language), I love the banter between the characters.

GET THE SHOT!

I'M GOING TO GET THE SHOT!

WELL, AIN'T NOBODY STOPPING YOU!

GET THE SHOT!

I GOTTA STAB HER THREE TIMES?!?!?

NO, I'M DEMONSTRATING THE MOTION!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

+1 vote for the awesomeness of this flick. Normally I get, I don't know, BORED when there's a boatload of cursing in a movie. But all of the dialogue just "works" in Pulp Fiction.

During the overdose scene (<--language), I love the banter between the characters.

GET THE SHOT!

I'M GOING TO GET THE SHOT!

WELL, AIN'T NOBODY STOPPING YOU!

GET THE SHOT!

I GOTTA STAB HER THREE TIMES?!?!?

NO, I'M DEMONSTRATING THE MOTION!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I love what happens immediately after that.

*Mia gets stabbed and wakes up, then proceeds to flip out*

Mia? .... Say something.

*bewildered, staring at the syringe in her chest* ..... Something.

I too like the idea that it is his soul.

From what I also heard passed around was:

1) That the reason the bullets didn't hit Jules and Vincent was because god was protecting them for the moment (Devine Intervention)
2) Because Jules believes that it was god who interviened, his life was spared. Vincent's was not ( he was killed later by Butch)
3) The 3 guys that had the breifcase were actually 3 demons sent by Lucifer to get Marcellus' soul back

I'm sorry I'm straying from the point, I just gotta share my favorite viewing experience with Pulp Fiction.

We were having a movie party, and Dakota was the one kid who hadn't seen the movie, so we popped it in. We get to the rape scene and he, thinking he was being funny, says "Are they doing what they think they're doing?" We laughed and said "Yes, Dako. They're doing EXACTLY what you think they're doing." He froze, burst into tears and ran screaming from the room. I think he said something later about "I was TOTALLY not prepared for that."

What was in the briefcase?

Prepare yourself...

Lights and a battery.
In France they call it.. Le MacGuffin.

It wasn't all brains and gimps.

This cutesy bit drawing the "square" still annoys the hell out of me to this day....

pulp_fiction_032.jpg

Don't be rectangle????

When the Devil takes your soul he take it from the back of your neck. Wallace has a bandage on the back of his neck. Read that somewhere.

The plaster was just a makeup artist's quickfix to a cut on Ving's neck.

It's just a MacGuffin; it has no consequence, really.

Oh, definitely agreed! Anyone who knows me knows I'm no prude when it comes to cursing. However, I still can't get very far into shows like Deadwood (and I've tried, twice!). The gratuitious F-bomb just turns me right off.

It works here, though.

"That's my bad motherfuc@@@!"

Oh my favorite, use it all the time ( bit not half as good ad Samuel )

" word around the camp fire is"

As intricate, and genius as this movie is. I find it so hard to believe, Quetion does not know himself exactly what is supposed to be in that suitcase. I love this movie, but that's always driven me nuts!

" Is there a sign outside of my house that says dead .........storage?"

Whole movie, pure genius.

I love this movie so much that the first thing I did when I arrived at the Charles De Gaulle was stop by a Mickey D and had a Royale with Cheese! :lol

Quentin proved he is a genius at reinventing what's already been done, even down to Dick Dale's Miserlou (it's now referred to as the Pulp Fiction song).

Jules Ezekiel monologue was taken almost word for word from Sonny Chiba and his character from the movie The Bodyguard. I've seen it a hundred times on the Japanese channel in Hawaii, but when Samuel L Jackson recited it, it was like I'd never heard it before.

I have had a Royal with Cheese in Paris, but never stopped into a movie theater in Amsterdam to have a beer with my movie. I will have to put that one on the list.

I love this movie, but believe it is due to the dialog and the editing. Without the editing, this becomes a very simple movie.

Don't forget about the amber gel in the briefcase, you need the golden glow.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back