I'm going to attempt my first ever helmet soon! (I hope)

AceOfKnaves21

Hi everyone,

So I've been wanting to attempt to make a mask or a helmet for awhile now. Someone gave me some advice to just pick a project and go with it and I think I've found what I want to make. I want to make the Flash's Elseworld helmet. Like I said, I've never made a helmet or a mask before but I really like the look of this and I would love to be able to make one. I guess what I want to know is if this looks like a good project to start for someone with no experience? It doesn't look too difficult but then again, I have no idea what I'm doing so I could be completely wrong. I plan on just sort of learning on the go.

Thanks guys!

Corey

Attachments

• Elseworld_Flash.jpg
    Elseworld_Flash.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Flash_Elseworlds_Finest_001.jpg
    Flash_Elseworlds_Finest_001.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 160
You might want to start with the foam JF custom generic hero helmet file and mod it from there. Just do a search for JF custom in the replica costume section and you should find that file and boatload of others to help you out. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! Those files are definitely going to come in handy. I've also looked around a little bit online and I found a three hour video of a guy making an Iron Man helmet out of foam and that gave me a lot of direction. I think I have to cut out each individual piece and then put them together. That's probably obvious to most makers but not me!

I also just realized that I have a friend whose dad owns a costume shop or something along those lines. I'm not exactly sure what it is but the point is, she can help me for sure. She works with her dad on a few things so she should be able to give me some direction.

Just an update!

I'm currently drawing out a few of the shapes on the helmet. Some of them are tricky since I don't have a ton of drawing experience but I think they look good so far. I have the front of the helmet covering his mouth and the portion on his forehead drawn out now. Hopefully I can get the rest done in the next few days. And then I will scan it in to my computer, scale it, and start cutting them in foam!

hiya mate you sound like your doing exactly the same as me, i started my very first mask about a month ago also for my first ever project with no experience what so ever, i tell you now you will love every minute of it and these guys help so much, the feeling of learning all these new skills and seeing your build slowly turn from just a bunch of materials to this character you have created and put your time and passion into and seeing it come to life, its fantastic, i`m half way through and cant wait to get stuck into the next part, only advice is to just plan it in stages know which way you want to go and go for it get stuck in and don`t give up, if it doesn`t look exactly like the image your going off you can just put your own twist on it make it your own, go for it buddy its well worth it, i wish you all the best with it, and flash ;) awesome choice i want to do him next, subscribed

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgGreat idea for a Flash helmet! I actually made one for this year comiccon in Montreal and I think it looks legit!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back