If you were starting from Scratch, what Props, displays would you buy?

DrStranglove

Sr Member
Lets say you are outfitting your office. You the Head guy for it and you have about $100,000 to spend on fun stuff but no more than say 5k on any one item.

What props / displays are essential???

My top 10 thoughts after a whole five min of thinking about it are:

1) ST:TOS Landing Party Display
2) SW ANH Stor Trooper Armor
3) Various Light Sabers
4) The Enterprise
5) Death Star
6) Falcone
7) Swords from LOR
8) Vader
9) B9 (Theres the $5k item!)
10) Flynn's sign

Other thoughts? I know there is a lot I missed!!!

(Oh and good to see you all again. It's been a long time!) :love:love

If I had $100,000 to spend I'd be building the freakin building itself! :D
(You'd have to for the ideas I've got!)

Doors to rooms would be designed like fictional doorways such as the Wardrobe from The Lion, The witch, and The Wardrobe, StarGate, Tardis, etc. I had a list last time I had this idea. Each adjoining room would equally be themed. One would be a pirate ship theme, though not sure what the door would look like! XD

I'm more of a creature model lover, especially of mythical beasts. Once I get a decent place to build things (IE: My own small studio attached to a small house) I'll be making as much as I can, including the mentioned doorways.

Well, sticking to the rules I'd have to say pretty much what I'm trying to acquire now:

- SW OT lightsaber collection (one example of each)
- SW OT helmet collection (one example of each plus McQuarrie)
- Training Remote
- SW OT Blaster collection (one example of each)
- Full Stormtrooper (ANH)
- Full Vader (ESB)
- Both old & new series Doctor Who Cybermen helmets (one example of each)
- Full size remote control Dalek
- Full size remote control R2
- Full size HIC
- Full size TARDIS
- 4th Doctor's scarf
- Full set of metal sonics (both new and old series) CT 9th & 10th and QMX Artisan Master Series for the 11th ($4,000!)
- Proton pack
- Ghost trap
- PKE meter
- Ecto Goggles
- Holy Grail
- Grail Tablet
- Grail Shield
- Grail Knight's Sword
- Grail Diary
- SA Fertility Idol
- Full size Ark of the Covenant
- Ra Headpiece & Staff
- ST Phaser collection (one example of each)
- ST TOS Communicator & Tricorder
- ST Insignia collection
- Large lit model of the Reliant
- Large lit model of the Enterprise A
- Large lit model of the Millennium Falcon
- Large lit model of an X-Wing
- Large lit model of a Y-Wing
- Large lit model of a Star Destroyer
- Holochess table
- Spear of Destiny
- Shroud of Turin
- Gutenberg Bible
- Tobin's Spirit Guide

And tonnes more that I can't think of right now. :)

Mike, I envy you ..... and I don't at the same time :lol

:lol

My wife keeps telling me I need to focus. I tell her I do! I only do:

- Star Wars OT
- Ghostbusters
- Doctor Who
- Indy
- BTTF

Oh and more recently Star Trek (curse you Sporak), oh and I have a couple Goonies items now, oh and I'm getting a JP push helmet, oh and I want a Cryocan...

Damn. Ya, I don't focus...

Crap! Add James Bond to that! Connery stuff like Odd Job's hat and the Attache case.

I have/am working on a good amount of the stuff on my list. I'm 30 now so I figure I still have time to acquire a good amount of that. It is a dream list though, gimme $100,000 and I could get everything there at a quality that would satisfy me.

Too bad about that $5,000 rule, I want a Delorean! :D

This just reminded me of something I saw a little while ago about the SuperGroup marketing agency and their new office:

ai3 : results : the supergroup

I think it's more Mirrors Edge (heavily stylised freerunning game for those who don't know) than Kubrick, and I think it's hillarious that they've got a woman trying to use an old iMac as a touchscreen in one of the pictures, but it's still a pretty cool/sci-fi-y office...

Oh and I believe the article I originally read about this suggested that everyone in the company wore rank pins...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol

My wife keeps telling me I need to focus. I tell her I do! I only do:

- Star Wars OT
- Ghostbusters
- Doctor Who
- Indy
- BTTF

Oh and more recently Star Trek (curse you Sporak), oh and I have a couple Goonies items now, oh and I'm getting a JP push helmet, oh and I want a Cryocan...

Damn. Ya, I don't focus...

Crap! Add James Bond to that! Connery stuff like Odd Job's hat and the Attache case.

I have/am working on a good amount of the stuff on my list. I'm 30 now so I figure I still have time to acquire a good amount of that. It is a dream list though, gimme $100,000 and I could get everything there at a quality that would satisfy me.

Too bad about that $5,000 rule, I want a Delorean! :D

Like I said, I envy you, and I don't :lol:lol:lol:lol

Oh and all the doors have to be proximity sensored and pneumatic sliders like the ones in Star Trek. ;) It's the little touches that help you know.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back