I Need A Little Help/Advice With My Helmet

nukemind

howdy all! My name is nukemind, and I recently went to San Japan. I made my costume myself, with the help of a 75 year old seamstress. However, I bought a helmet. I actually just got back from San Japan tonight, it was my first Con, and I dressed up as Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero.

Here is my problem- I plan on using the same thing for Comic-Con in San Antonio. I figured out alot of ways to improve my costume. Making the cape bigger so it can "cocoon" me, adding buckles to it to lock it in place. Doing away with the old elastic boot covers and painting some REAL boots. Literally cut the other ones off a Halloween costume.

But the mask... the mask is supposed to be reflective. It is completely see through. When I got it, it had no padding. I ended up bleeding due to the metal tongs. I'm fixing that all easy. No problem! But how would y'all go about making the visor/mask into a one way viewing? Kinda like a one way mirror? Here is a reference for y'all. http://www.shutupandtakemyyen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Code-Geass-Zero-Mask-2-Copy.jpg

I was thinking about taking some of the stuff that goes on one way birdhouses, cutting it into strips, and applying it. The helmet comes off into two pieces- metal tongs inside which you tie with Elasti-bands so it can stretch to put it on.

Oh, and if I did/formatted this wrong, my apologies. New here- in fact made an account to ask this. I ahve two months to the next con. I didn't expect to enjoy cosplaying- BUT I LOVE IT. And I want to be better!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back