Hunter mystery chunk dimensions help

woodywaverider

Sr Member
Hi, hoping someone can help.

I’m planning a potential future build, I’ll need 12 boot studs, or replicas.

Buying that many individually would be too pricey, and they also seem to be out of stock in the Uk at the moment too.

I thought about finding a pair of boots for sale (still price and getting rarer) but I’m looking to keep costs down.

So I thought I’d try and make my own.

I’d really appreciate if anyone could share the base diameter and height, to save me buying one to replicate.

Thanks in advance.

I have molds for just the top, if you're able to just glue them down or we can glue a grub screw in them so they thread into a hole - those would be resin though

I'll get my calipers out for ya one sec

Honestly these were poured when cast, each one is different with a different size brim

Here’s one of mine
9C4F3549-39BF-415F-8EA6-4E13CBFF1E6F.jpeg
C7D09BA9-7EB8-4924-AF4C-F3A1AA672EFD.jpeg

I have molds for just the top, if you're able to just glue them down or we can glue a grub screw in them so they thread into a hole - those would be resin though

I'll get my calipers out for ya one sec
Honestly these were poured when cast, each one is different with a different size brim

Here’s one of mine
View attachment 1553118View attachment 1553119
:) Perfect thanks guys. I think resin would be fine, if I could find a decent one to cast.

Think I’ll try a washer and some 10x10 aluminium bar to see if I can file them out out.

I'm sorry, I forgot, life is weird right now. I will not forget about you.
Keep me updated would love to see pics
No worries, there was absolutely no rush, I get ideas and like to research and plan builds way way in advance. I’ve got a ton of other builds to get through before I even start collecting other parts/material for this one, the mystery chunk was just a little obstacle because of the amount needed, but definitely doesn’t need to be a vintage part, they seem to be in short supply.

Though if any one is in the Uk Manchester area (I’m in the south west) there is currently a pair of NOS boots on gum tree at a pretty good price.

I think it should be ok to post as it is not an auction, but if not then I will remove.

Wicked good price..
It was very tempting, but as it’s collation only I don’t fancy driving to the other side of the country. I’m not really in to trying to turn a profit, I’d rather just spent my free time building g stuff, probably one of the reasons I’m always broke lol. But still I thought it would be nice if one of our members got them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back