How to make Vacuum Form Machine for Large Pieces??

KamikazePigeon

Jr Member
Hi all!

in the middle of making ESB Stormtrooper armor from scratch, and am starting to get a little worried about replicating the pieces when I'm finished. I've already decided that I want to Vacuum Form the pieces in ASB plastic, but I don't know how I'm going the make a table and heating apparatus big enough for pieces like the torso and legs.

Does anyone have any advise about this issue?

FYI I'm a noob when it comes to things like this, so all help is appreciated :D

Thank You,

KamikazePigeon

Hey there K, I'm a n00blet here. Not sure if it's an initiation thing or what, but I started a post asking for help/ideas on how to make a 2010 Tim Burton Style Red Solider Card costume. Only one replie..... Do me a favor and take a look at my thread and share what you can please....

As for your question, you're looking to make a Vacuum Former, as luck would have it, I'm a member of instructables. We have a ton of DIY projects such as the one you're asking about..

Allow me to share a few links with you, that you may find useful. While I have not made any of these formers yet, they are on my to do list!

1. DIY Vacuum Former

2. DIY Vacuum Former
(you'll need to scale this one up)

3. DIY Vacuum Former
(Excellent YT video)

My shameless tutorial on how I made my Scarecrow Cosplay Costume

I hope the links help, leave me feed back please :)

Happy Cosplay Creating

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back