How do you insure your props

One issue really hard to set value is the issue of "Replica Props" - these props are painstakingly reproduced sometimes at a very high cost to replicate or reproduce certain elements to create the "Replica prop" but may only hold value from collector to another. Often the "replica" is higher quality than an original set prop. Difficult to set a price on that. We all value our collections and have spent decades acquiring or replicating pieces. A non collector might run across our collections and place no value on it at all. I have family members that look at my hobby the same way as if built and collected model airplanes. If i were to die - my estate might donate my entire collection to goodwill without ever knowing it's worth. I guess it is the nature of our hobby. I do have one daughter that have way understands - she might be savvy enough to see value and re-home my collection. Who knows.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back