How do I make a Zorro Cape?

Skywalker

I am looking to either buy or make an attractive looking Zorro cape. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the where to shop or patterns to buy? Ebay has been no help and I don't want to buy a cookie cutter costume off the rack. Thanks for the help all.

<div class='quotetop'>(Skywalker @ Oct 20 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1341665[/snapback]</div>
I am looking to either buy or make an attractive looking Zorro cape. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the where to shop or patterns to buy? Ebay has been no help and I don't want to buy a cookie cutter costume off the rack. Thanks for the help all.
[/b]

How do I make a zorro cape?

First, you have to kill and skin Antonio Banderas. Or, if you want the "classic version", find the corpse of Guy Williams and skin that.

Then you have to learn to sew...

okay, okay... that was absolutely TASTELESS and RUDE. I apologize for offending you.

If you weren't offended, then I must be home.

-Gordon

<div class='quotetop'>(spcglider@aol.com @ Oct 20 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1341686[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Skywalker @ Oct 20 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1341665[/snapback]
[/b]

How do I make a zorro cape?

First, you have to kill and skin Antonio Banderas. Or, if you want the "classic version", find the corpse of Guy Williams and skin that.

Then you have to learn to sew...

okay, okay... that was absolutely TASTELESS and RUDE. I apologize for offending you.

If you weren't offended, then I must be home.

-Gordon
[/b][/quote]

Consider yourself home. Not offended in the least. You can't come close to what the wife can dish out :).

Sorry, no amusing response for this one I haven't had my coffee yet but give me a while :D
Alright, here: http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M2853.ht...costumes&page=7 is a good basic cape pattern to work with and if you have images from the movie you can alter it accordingly.
If he has a collar (I can't remember) then utilize the collar from the shorter cape pattern and alter it to make it similar to his and add it to the longer pattern.
I think this should be a good basis to start from and Joann fabric or Hancock should have something like this in stock.

Hope this works for you.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back