Interest Hoth binocular KIT

Markus is there any update on this project? Can you give any details? I'm so excited to hopefully get one of these made by your standards :D

As a matter of fact...I started pouring the bodies, slooooowly but surely.
Doing runs is not a priority and since I never collected any money up front, I don´t feel the "need" to rush things (not that >2 years for starting a second run could be called "rushing" *LOL*).

Besides of that I simply don´t have the time anymore...anyway :)

Had some problems with the buck (to make the main body hollow) becoming stuck in the cast. Already had to destroy two casts to remove it, but hope to have found a solution now.
Wanted to redo the viewer hood, which is the last missing "master".
Since I had a lot of reject casts for the front lense ring and the eye-covers, I started printing them in white resin...this should give us much better -consistent- quality, but takes longer.

Expect some WIP pictures soon :)

I'm excited. Ive always wanted to build and paint one of these i just haven't found a good mold yet. Yours look very clean

Excellent - thank for the update. Still very much interested in this when you're ready - I've been drooling over this since I saw one of yours built up here in a thread a couple years ago.

Dan

Here‘s a kit I put together for a customer...features one of my old viewer hoods, since that part is not rebuild yet

sloooowly proceeding to cast the main bodies and the other greeblies. Will have to redo the mold(s) once more eventually...had a bad batch of resin, that cured foamy and the cast parts STUCK to the silicone, causing some damage to smaller areas of the molds

decided to have the front lense ring 3D printed, since this part is so intricate to mold/ cast

ah well...this run is not under good stars. :/

474275F8-7734-46A8-9178-6D1F7235176D.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back