holocron 3d printed ?

I've never seen one. The only one that was sold on here was etched marble I think. I could be wrong. I thought it would be neat if we had someone who could laser etch glass or acrylic and make a kit.

I'm new to the RPF but our shop could model and print a holocron if there were enough interests in castings from the mould?

it's been on my mind seeing as how I've got the laser cutter and the 3d printing/modeling stuff going on.

Shapeways? They are cheap and they have a new(?) material called "White & strong POLISHED" which I suposse won't have the rough texture the plain one has.

Since this is beyond my capabilities I hope we can find a member of our board who is able to do this. Lol did I mention i need a holocron specifically a sith one.........a cheap one at that.

I did one with laser cutting and an etching machine.

3D printing isn't and wouldn't be cheap. I laser cut the 3 gold facing panels and had a computer controlled etching machine do the intricate design work. I could've done that on the laser as well, but i knew someone with access to the other machine, so i got it for free :)

If someone wants to try this - i've got the CAD files.

I did one with laser cutting and an etching machine.

That's what I'm talking about. For the people that could do the construction, just having the panels etched would be great. That's the biggest hurdle. I could probably scribe them myself, but well that would be a huge PITA. :lol

It'd be great if cboath could post a pic of his holocron. A laser etched one would be pretty awesome.

I'll send you the files i've got when I get home tonight.

How i missed this thread being updated yesterday is beyond me, so sorry for the delay.

The one I built was based on a triangles 10" in width. I was trying to match the actual one that can be seen in the VD and from photos of Sansweets collection. I know the ones other's have made have been 6" or so. I should have a photo I can post when I get home, too. I have no cap/cone on top or feet, just be warned :) I could never find a piece I liked for the top.

The files I have are CAD, so it can be scaled to any sizes in a matter of a few seconds. No problem at all.

KillingJoke92, we're talking about two things here... laser cutting, and 3D printing. laser printing is 'common'. There are websites where you can pay for these services, and the price varies. I know shapeways's 3d printing prices start at 99 cents per cubic centimeter.

cboath... what do you mean "the actual one that can be seen in the VD?" what's VD mean in this context? the cap/cone/feet can easily be 3d printed

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back