Hollow man

trooperprop

Hello,

As a big Paul Verhoeven fan I actually liked Hollow man.
SOme years ago I made this 1:3 bust of Kevin Bacon :lol
It a HOLLOW casting.
Recently I found the real mask on Ebay but the seller did not ship internationally :thumbsdown
I there a board member that has some props from this movie?
I would love to see a full scale bust of him.

bust.jpg

Greetings,

BasD

man, i just remembered... about a decade ago, i was wayyy too bored and had a little too much money to spend.

approx 25$ worth of silly putty later (and one model skull) i had a "mask" that looked pretty much like that.

it didnt last too long, silly putty doesnt hold up well to gravity. id expect more out of a failed explosive, but i tend to have high standards like that ;)

that is a hell of a sculpt though. i dig the light effects on it.

i could imagine the nightmare of having to cast that up hollow in a 1:1 bust, but damn that would look cool on the shelf. the hardest thing would be keeping it thin enough to let the light come through but not thin enough to crack/fall apart under the strain.

chris

Yes, very cool, but creepy too. I don't think I'd want it looking at me while I was sleeping. LOL. :lol

Great Job. :)

Check out screen-used.com. I think you will like what you find there. ;)

Thank you all for your kind words. It was one of the first things I tried to cast
and I ruined the mould after casting 1 good one :cry So sorry I cannot make more.

The one one screenused is indeed great... Thanks for the info :confused
Just over my budget :confused
Well who know what might pop up in the future :thumbsup

Anyone here has got the light up goggels. I saw them on Ebay as well.

Greetings,

BasD

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 6 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]1257416[/snapback]</div>
Wasn't the original one flexible urethane? I have some Por-A-Mold that's the same color.
[/b]

Hello,
No I believe they are made from sillacone with somekind of fabric inside.
ADI's creators are talking to Paul Verhoeven on the DVD about this.
Maybe in the casting scene they use Por a mold?

Greetings,

BasD

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back