"Hey that's my dinner!" Luke's ration kit from ESB. Lets identify all the food.

My wife is German and Colombian. Interesting mix.

Anyway Germans love thick heavy bread. She is sure the back center big piece is a type of thick European bread.

The yellowish squares, top left and third from right lower, look like cheese slices to me.

The sticks people think are Chico Sticks look like hard salami sticks. The kind with the whitish texture on the outside.

The MRE Resistance kit from Galaxies Edge is awesome as far as the tray. No clear trays, etc. but a pretty awesome replica.

I have looked for the case for years and never found anything close even though it looks very generic and common. That is why I was so thrilled Disney did one thing right.

As far as preserving No clue.

Even "non perishable" gets nasty sitting so it has to be sealed and still look like edible food. Like a super thin layer of crystal clear resin??

The big center back piece is not thick bread, if you look at the other pics you can see it is a stack of some type of cracker.
The chico stick looking things are not salami sticks, they look closer to chico stick than anything else because of the light flakes that stick to the surface, just in a different color than the chico stick.
I agree the tray is decent, it's what I plan to use as a base, but it still has some inaccuracies. The internal tray/dividing walls are clear and I believe the lid was clear with some sort of metallic insert from behind with the surface pattern. Or the lid was clear but with the surface pattern molded in but still with a metallic insert placed behind. The galaxy edge lid pattern is not correct to the screen used. Also on the original lid insert it was sort of reflective as if you do frame advance you can see the reflection of the tray contents being reflected.

I see what you mean about the stacks. Another possibility she thought of for the big back one is a Knaeckebrot. Don't even ask how to say it. In English it's often called krisp bread. It's a German thin slice cracker type thing they love.

On the Chico sticks I really don't think that's what they are. Every Chico Stick Pic I have seen does not match if you look close. At least the ones I have seen.

1565754452686.png

Not salami for sure. Googled Dry Salami. Not it for sure. A lot of it looks kind of gross. The white skinned ones I was thinking of are not close.

The hunt continues.

I am sooo hungry now for snacks.

Krisp Bread

1565754887261.png

1565754952678.png

1565755024502.png

Knaeckebrot

1565755177828.png

1565755355869.png

Last edited:
Yeah I've heard of krisp bread. There are just soooo many type of these types of crackers out there but then again we've found things like the balance pipe on the inside of a super rare airplane engine. lol
I agree about the chick o stick. I just think the flaky dusting on the outside combined with the shape is why so many people think they look similar.
Whatever they are, I think they have a similar flaky dusting texture.

The original case had a blue plastic bottom and a clear plastic top lid.
On the inside it had an secondary insert that was also clear with clear dividing walls.

I've found closer matches with Bait organizers, one sided tackle boxes, fishing stuff. Solid colored bottoms, clear lids.

Dan's picture I do think shows a logo, and that might mean the coating is on the outside

That's what I thought initially as well. But if you look closely at the pics I posted you can see that the insert is on the inside. You can see the corner turning upwards. So whatever is going on on the surface as far as a logo or whatever we are seeing would be on the inside of the insert which is also reflective.

Top middle actually looks like strips of doner kebab meat to me!
Not sure how logistically likely that is, though... It'd go bad pretty fast! So it's more likely slices of seeded bread.

Smith's Square Crisps? First image 1980 packet, second image so you can see the product

Jim

Attachments

• square crisps.jpg
    square crisps.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 83
  • sss.png
    sss.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 92
I'm starting to agree that they are some kind of meat stick. When you see Yoda try them, the chewed end looks kind of stringy like dried meat.

I made a new thread for my ration kit build here...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back