HELP with Winter Soldier knives!

brickchick1

I am going to Emerald City Comic Con in just over a month. I am going as female winter soldier and I am FREAKING OUT EXCITED!! I have the costume and the arm almost entirely done, but now I need to get all of his weapons done. He has loads of knives hidden all over his body, so I am planning on making five or six. I first made a knife cut out of foam core, then I wrapped the handle in several layers of duct tape to round and shape it to make it look more like a handle. Then I spray painted the entire thing. The result was a terrible looking piece of crap that slightly resembled a knife. I have tried looking everywhere for a tutorial, but no one makes army knives for cosplay. All the tutorials online are of anime knives or swords and stuff like that. Does anyone know how to make a realistic army knife??

Re: HELP!

Try the foam pads, they may give you better results. Check out this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXxDfv2NaDY Even though it is from a game, some poeple here have made very realistic looking "army" styled knives with the stuff.

Also do a search here for "dagger" or "knife build" to get some good methods. However, I would recommend wood, but you may not have all the tools.

I am going to Emerald City Comic Con in just over a month. I am going as female winter soldier and I am FREAKING OUT EXCITED!! I have the costume and the arm almost entirely done, but now I need to get all of his weapons done. He has loads of knives hidden all over his body, so I am planning on making five or six. I first made a knife cut out of foam core, then I wrapped the handle in several layers of duct tape to round and shape it to make it look more like a handle. Then I spray painted the entire thing. The result was a terrible looking piece of crap that slightly resembled a knife. I have tried looking everywhere for a tutorial, but no one makes army knives for cosplay. All the tutorials online are of anime knives or swords and stuff like that. Does anyone know how to make a realistic army knife??

search for - training rubber knife. they are used in martial arts and self defense classes. they are made in various styles so have a good look around and you should find one you like.

01.JPG

search for - training rubber knife. they are used in martial arts and self defense classes. they are made in various styles so have a good look around and you should find one you like.

View attachment 430357

Thank you so much!! I found some great ones on Amazon for a decent price. Even though I will have to sacrifice a piece of my soul to BUY part of my cosplay, not make it, these are way to cool to pass up. They are perfect!

Thank you so much!! I found some great ones on Amazon for a decent price. Even though I will have to sacrifice a piece of my soul to BUY part of my cosplay, not make it, these are way to cool to pass up. They are perfect!

glad i could help. hope you put up some pics of your cosplay.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back