Help with Ruffkin toys AVP Guants

4505marcel

HI guy for those of you who have them how have you connected the 2 halfs ofyour Ruffkin toy AVP guantlets together?

Theres a lip about 25mm which should/could go inside the top half, but mine are so flared out theres no chance of them going in there without the lower section cracking, really wanted to hinge one side and magnet the other like my Boba Fett guants, but its to rough and uneven inside to do that.

Any pics of your guants would be top banana if you can

Ta Marcel

You can use a heat gun to soften the flared section and slowly bend it back to shape but you need to be real careful and go slowly. Keep the heat gun moving and not concentrated on just one area but try to get the whole flair softened.

You can also cut off the flair and use IS Velcro to connect the two halves.

Just a couple of options. Good luck.

I would not try to use a heat gun on Rufkin's gaunts. He uses a Bondo and fiberglass resin mix on the surface coat of his parts and it's very brittle. Even if you heat it up it will crack. While Dave's idea will work on most urethane resins, I wouldn't try it on that kind.

All I can think of is to cut most of the lips off, so its left as sort of a guide, and then think of a way to join them.

Didnt really need the agro to be honest, I think heat would be out of the question too as alot of the top coat resin has cracked off and fell off, which is not great

I would not try to use a heat gun on Rufkin's gaunts. He uses a Bondo and fiberglass resin mix on the surface coat of his parts and it's very brittle. Even if you heat it up it will crack. While Dave's idea will work on most urethane resins, I wouldn't try it on that kind.

Thanx for the info, Casey. Didnt know about his combination. Yeah, I would just do the IS Velcro then.

ill post pics of mine for you mannana as its to late right now to do it haha

but when i received my ruffkin AVP gaunts years ago they just needed sanding to fit and than i industial velcroed them together

but ill post pics for ya to give ya some idea or help

and ya heatgun bad idea on ruffs stuff that bondo problably wont reshape problably just crack

here are pics of my gaunts
gauntlets.jpeg

gaunts_2.jpeg

gaunts_3.jpeg

gaunts_4.jpeg

gaunt_5.jpeg

gaunts_6.jpeg

gaunts_7.jpeg

gaunt_8.jpeg

gaunt_9.jpeg

gaunt_10.jpeg

gaunt_11.jpeg

gaunts_14.jpeg

gaunts_15.jpeg

gaunts_16.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back