Help with "future"

Jimmer

I was trying to track down a bottle of Pledge Future and was hoping someone might know if this is the current "brand" it's sold under.

I've been building a couple of years now and have only bought one bottle...even then it wasn't sold as future (I'm not home now and can't remember what the name was...sorry).

If anyone knows if this is "the stuff" I'd greatly appreciate it.
(And I know this product is considered "blasphemy" by some, no offense meant to anyone).
20220407_223534.jpg

Yup, that’s the stuff! I think it’s the best gloss finish and decal setting solution there is. It’s also been named Johnson’s Clear and Pledge floor care too

Thanks, buddy.
Wanted to verify before I ordered...last bottle I got (years ago) was branded differently.
It is amazing for all purposes you mentioned.
I collect some 1/12 scale action figures and even use a very small brush to apply it to eyes and lips...adds super realism.
Thanks again.

If you go to the Hyperscale "Plane Talking" forum, it's the only topic that's pinned. I feel like part of the constant re-naming is to enlarge the market, but I also feel like it's the perfect stuff for a limited number of applications (on actual floors) and they should just realize that. Give it one name and stick with it. But it might also be a demand by merchants. Anyway, I haven't read through the whole thread at Hyperscale, but it's there. The stuff is all I use for gloss coats and I occasionally (when I'm in the mood, I guess) mix it about 50-50 with water for decals. I love that you can be sloppy and clean it up with Windex/ammonia like magic and start over.
Mike Todd

Posted this in another thread here, but heads up that JC Johnson has apparently stopped making Future. It's noted in the pinned HS thread.

If you go to the Hyperscale "Plane Talking" forum, it's the only topic that's pinned. I feel like part of the constant re-naming is to enlarge the market, but I also feel like it's the perfect stuff for a limited number of applications (on actual floors) and they should just realize that. Give it one name and stick with it. But it might also be a demand by merchants. Anyway, I haven't read through the whole thread at Hyperscale, but it's there. The stuff is all I use for gloss coats and I occasionally (when I'm in the mood, I guess) mix it about 50-50 with water for decals. I love that you can be sloppy and clean it up with Windex/ammonia like magic and start over.
Mike Todd

Thanks for the info, buddy.
Excellent point about Windex...for clean up I use a Qtip (or "pointed hobby Qtip, depending on size of job) dipped in Windex to clean any excess...works like a charm.
I've never came across a decisive answer for constantly changing the name...just glad it's still available.
There was a rumor circulating that it was no longer gonna be produced...I'm assuming that was referring to the current "branding" not being kept in production.

Thanks again for the link...going to check it out now.

Uh, oh. Someone wanna tell him? Okay, there is a new thread at Hyperscale suggesting it is, in fact, going off the market. Sorta like following Bandai Star Wars. They're done...they're no...they're...

Posted this in another thread here, but heads up that JC Johnson has apparently stopped making Future. It's noted in the pinned HS thread.

I didn't notice your post, just replied to another member and I mentioned the rumor circulating about non-production.

As this is constantly being re-branded, and is currently available in the bottle in pic at beginning of this thread, I'm hoping it will remain available just under the new name.
However, that's just my take on it, not verified at all.
One bottle lasts so long I'm probably gonna order 2 or 3 just as a precaution.

Uh, oh. Someone wanna tell him? Okay, there is a new thread at Hyperscale suggesting it is, in fact, going off the market. Sorta like following Bandai Star Wars. They're done...they're no...they're...

I replied a "laughing face"...don't think it posted.
I think you're correct...another "the end is near" rumor.

I went to my local Walmart yesterday and picked up these two products, Quick Shine and Rejuvinate. So far I’ve tested both out on an old model, and a clear canopy and I’m happy to say that they both go on like Future and work just like it!! I use Futura as a decal setting solution too, I still have to try it, but I’m hopeful it will work fine.

Attachments

• 6E67313D-65BC-4D01-8C0B-6066105D7CCD.jpeg
    6E67313D-65BC-4D01-8C0B-6066105D7CCD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
I went to my local Walmart yesterday and picked up these two products, Quick Shine and Rejuvinate. So far I’ve tested both out on an old model, and a clear canopy and I’m happy to say that they both go on like Future and work just like it!! I use Futura as a decal setting solution too, I still have to try it, but I’m hopeful it will work fine.

I've never seen these...thanks for the info..gonna have a peek in my local Walmarts.
If you come across any issues, and think about posting them it would certainly be appreciated.
Thanks again

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back