Help me find a Full size Iron Man 3D file that is a statue ie - not wearable

GodManners

HI - this is my first post to the forum. Thanks for this great resource.

I'm hoping someone here can help me find a 3D file for printing a suit of Iron Man armor that can be printed out and assembled as a life size statue. I know there are a lot of wearable suits out there but they all have gaps for movement and the joints lack detail. I was hoping someone knows of files where the whole suit is printed and assembled. Any version except Mk1 at this point.

If I have to I could modify a cosplay suit pattern and fill in the gaps but I'm not really good with sculpting yet.....

Let me know please.

Have you looked around at all? With 2 minutes of looking around Thingiverse I found several, and you might find even better models on different websites.

Thanks DrC. Thingiverse is a great resource. Most I found on that site are costumes so they have gaps in the joints or they are small models that lack detail when enlarged. Nick Steen's print leaves a lot to be desired in terms of quality (and the arms are splayed a bit funny) but it is an example of what I was looking for. Was just hoping for something better.

OK, you might be able to find something on CGTrader that will be suitable for you.
Iron man 3D Models | CGTrader

While they have suits, they also have complete models and rigged models, which could be useful if you want a particular pose for your statue.

I know there are other websites out there too, I just did a search for "3D Repository" to find CG Trader.

Cool DrC - Thanks. I didn't know about CGTrader :confused:

I can probably learn to adjust a suit so that it prints like a sculpture but really I'm lazy.
So if I find a good model I don't mind paying - especially if it's detailed.

Cheers

Cool DrC - Thanks. I didn't know about CGTrader :confused:

I can probably learn to adjust a suit so that it prints like a sculpture but really I'm lazy.
So if I find a good model I don't mind paying - especially if it's detailed.

Cheers
No problem, hope you can find something that works for you. I'd love to see some in progress/finished pictures of this too. :)

Malix3d design has 3d models of Iron Man. Several of his designs have been printed life size and they turned out well.

Thanks Lab Ape.

I looked at Malix3d and several people have commented that their designs "fit" better - I've also read that Do3d are closer to the movie iron man costumes in terms of scale and proportion....

Leaning towards Do3d but still would like to hear from others.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back