Help Me Become a Machinima Respawn Director

The-Clayster

Sr Member
In case you haven't noticed by my signature, I am trying to become a Machinima Respawn Director.
Some of you may not know what that is, and for those of you who don't, it's the following:

A Machinima is a video made with video games in the form of a short-film or movie. Machinima.com is a company that acts as a headquarters for Machinima and Machinima related videos. Machinima.com runs multiple Youtube Channels that revolve around different genre of Machinima: Machinima Respawn, Machinima Sports, Machinima Realm, and just plain ol' Machinima.

That may prove confusing since the word "Machinima" is used so much. I apologize in advance. Here is the Respawn Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MachinimaRespawn

Anyhow, I run a Youtube Channel in which I capture game play footage and talk over it. Sounds a bit strange, right? Well, in a way it is. The videos are called "Game Play Commentaries" and they are much like radio in the sense that I am the DJ, except the backdrop is video game footage.

Machinima.com's Respawn Channel is devoted to such videos, and I want to be a "Director" for them. What does that mean? It means Youtube Partnership and instantaneous profile recognition. If I was a Director, I would have the ability to gain revenue from making videos and possibly be able to help with convention coverage. For instance, since I already go to Comic-Con, I could most likely be part of the coverage of the event.

So what I "need" you guys to do, is subscribe to my Youtube Channel. As a disclaimer, and as common sense, if you go to the channel and don't like the videos, don't subscribe or waste your time with them. I'm not asking for people to be inactive subscribers, nor am I a begging for attention. I'm merely posting this thread to try to get more exposure as The RPF has countless users visiting it each day.

So, check it out here:
TheClayster70z's Channel - YouTube

Like I said, if you enjoy the content, subscribe and tell your friends. If not, don't worry about it.

I appreciate any and all views. Thanks for your time, and if you have any feedback or anything constructive, please say so in replies.

Last edited:
Good luck with that!

(in a non-sarcastic way - I really mean it.)

Thanks a lot. It's hard work, not in the traditional sense, but hard work to get out there. If I have more viewers I have a better chance of getting noticed. It's tough when there's no real interaction between my audience and myself.

I hope I get there one day, and I hope this thread helps.

So, does anyone have any input at all? Anyone?

I knew when I posted this that it was kind of long shot for anyone to give input, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I know there are gamers on here and I know that at least some of you have to know what it is that I'm talking about. Anyone?

About all I have to say is I'm a youtube partner and even with my vids and stuff I get like $1 a day, not that I've put out much new stuff lately.

So you know, it's not really some glamorous thing where you can make a ton of cash unless you get hundreds of thousands of views per every new video. And even then you have to make sure you enable revenue sharing on it as quickly as they let you. You don't get a dime for views until that point.

My $.02. I just put prop stuff up for fun and any cash is gravy. Actually working to get all that purposefully seems like too much effort for too little return.

About all I have to say is I'm a youtube partner and even with my vids and stuff I get like $1 a day, not that I've put out much new stuff lately.

So you know, it's not really some glamorous thing where you can make a ton of cash unless you get hundreds of thousands of views per every new video. And even then you have to make sure you enable revenue sharing on it as quickly as they let you. You don't get a dime for views until that point.

My $.02. I just put prop stuff up for fun and any cash is gravy. Actually working to get all that purposefully seems like too much effort for too little return.

I'm fully aware that just because I have the ability to make money on Youtube, that it doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to make money. The account I was using for Vlogs has been approved for revenue sharing and not much has come from that. I stopped uploading to that channel and stopped linking people to it all together. That being said, I know if I marketed it hard enough that it could make money.

If I was into using Adsense for the money I would just keep blogging on blogger and spam myself everywhere. My friend started using it in August or so and has made tons of cash from it. That's not what I want to do, nor is it something I'm passionate about.

The goal of being with Machinima isn't solely for money, but for the potential opportunity to be able to help with event coverage and be a part of something bigger than myself. Some people who have been Machinima Directors have also been able to land jobs over at their offices in LA. I hate Los Angeles, but if I got a job at their offices I would move out there in a heartbeat.

The fact that it's one of the only video game companies on Youtube that people take seriously (myself included) makes me want to be involved with them. When I see the Machinima logo on someone's channel, I know that they probably make good content. When I see a gaming channel that isn't partnered or one that is with a different company, I just don't take it as seriously.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back