Help in Attaching (resin) backpack to (Resin) armor.

SithLord66

I got my resin AVP backpack (awesome) in today from Chuck "Ruffkintoy", he next day shipped it to me for an event coming up. My question is how do you attach the backpack to the upper armor. My upper AVP armor is from Gene "seahunterr" (again Awesome) both are resin. The Backpack is hollow too. I hope its not the case where I should have gotten both items from the same person. I would really like to see some photos (maybe a step by step) of how others have done theres. I've done a search already and cant find a huntorial on this. Any ideas? I thought about spraying the hollow part with foam so after it dries it will give it a surface to glue to. .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my resin AVP backpack (awesome) in today from Chuck "Ruffkintoy", he next day shipped it to me for an event coming up. My question is how do you attach the backpack to the upper armor. My upper AVP armor is from Gene "seahunterr" (again Awesome) both are resin. The Backpack is hollow too. I hope its not the case where I should have gotten both items from the same person. I would really like to see some photos (maybe a step by step) of how others have done theres. I've done a search already and cant find a huntorial on this. Any ideas? I thought about spraying the hollow part with foam so after it dries it will give it a surface to glue to.

Marvel Zombie,

Here is the ElderPredator suit build thread by the Master Suit Builder Bovine13 :( it has a wealth of information!!!

see posts 142 to 154 here:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...hing&st=140

---
Ei'luj

Thanks Ei'luj I had forgotten all about his build thread. I just don’t trust glue with all that wait I might have to do a bolt and glue combo thing. You ever feel you got a million things to do and only a short time to do them in? Stressed out I gotta prioritize, its going to be another all nighter I hope it pays off in the end. .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
after gluing hit the seam points with some "mighty putty" ( the as seen on TV stuff) it has a good working time before it sets up, and when it does it is rock solid...can easily be sanded and painted to match. I use this stuff a lot when working with my resin pieces

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back