Help Identifying Prop - Ray/Laser Guns?

maulprop

I've had these for over a year now and am hoping they might look familiar to someone here?

When I bought them they were said to be from the short lived 2002 TV series "Birds of Prey". But I was unable to spot them in any of the 14 episodes on the DVD set, unless of course they were used in (or meant to be used in) an episode which never had a chance to air due to the show being canceled?

One is made of machined aluminum and lights up, the other is a solid rubber stunt version...

If anyone has any thoughts or possible leads please let me know!

Thanks, Sal

They could be prototype items from Birds of Prey that were never used in production or made for episodes not filmed or used in a scene that was cut. Or used in the background or in a holster you can not see. They also could be just a part of something larger like a rifle. With one Deep Space 9 gun people wondered what they shroud was in the Art of Star Trek depiction. Later people found it that it was just a strange holster.
Or they could be from another production or some fan item. Who said they were from Birds of Prey and what exactly did they say about them? If you look at other items the seller might have had or things he worked on it might help give a clue. When it comes to scifi weapons, if you can't see it on screen you often will have a mystery especially if they are from obscure productions.

Thanks for sharing... All good points, I should probably watch the series again and pay closer attention. Based on the craftsmanship I just assumed they were important props, so I didn't look very closely at background items while watching the show! The seller said they were from that show and that he got them from someone who worked on the show. At the time I wasn't all that concerned with where/how they were used because I thought they looked cool regardless and they weren't very expensive.

Its very rare to fabricate an item and configure electronics as a finalized item, then mold and cast them in rubber yet not use them. As Firstmark said its possible it was for an unproduced episode or a smaller part of a larger item. At first glance its very reminiscent of items fabricated for "The Island" but thats a few years past the 02 era.

i swear I've seen that thing before. its very very familiar but I cant place it. I would say MIB but def not sure. I remember someone holding it and using it. sorry for being so vague but I instantly remembered seeing that somewhere. I hope it comes to me bc now it's gonna kill me!!!!

Its very rare to fabricate an item and configure electronics as a finalized item, then mold and cast them in rubber yet not use them. As Firstmark said its possible it was for an unproduced episode or a smaller part of a larger item. At first glance its very reminiscent of items fabricated for "The Island" but thats a few years past the 02 era.

Appreciate the info!

i swear I've seen that thing before. its very very familiar but I cant place it. I would say MIB but def not sure. I remember someone holding it and using it. sorry for being so vague but I instantly remembered seeing that somewhere. I hope it comes to me bc now it's gonna kill me!!!!

LOL, I know what you mean... Please let me know if you happen to recall any other details. Now that I know it was seen somewhere it will most certain drive me nuts!

Thanks, Sal

I agree with you completely. As soon as I saw them I instantly recognized them but dont know where from.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back