Help ID this Belt Buckle Please!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Houston Robocop

Howdy,

I'm trying to make all the costume assessories to go with a screen-used Buck Rogers Starfighter Tunic that I own.

I need help in Identifing the belt buckle used in the series. It's a chrome recangular-shaped belt buckle. I believe this was also used extensively on Battlestar Galactica costumes as well. Maybe some sort of military belt buckle?

I'm able to find similar shaped buckles on-line, but nothing like the loop and hook fastener used on the back of this style of buckle (pictured below)

Thanks in advance... Nicholas

[attachmentid=6381]

[attachmentid=6380]

[attachmentid=6379]

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Run Runner

I think the belt buckles may have been custom made for the shows. They don't look too hard to reproduce.

tain669

Sr Member
I think it might be a Marine dress pistol belt with the insignia removed.That type was not used on BG.

Houston Robocop

Some of the Marine web belts uses similar hook and latch on the belt ends, but I still can't find the exact belt buckle.

Thanks for the input so far..... Nick

tk5378

Older police color guard belt...not sure where to get them anymore, but my old department had a bunch of them. The buckles are exactly the same. Try doing a web search for color guard belts.