Have you seen this prop!? Flintstones (1994)

Titanic

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a prop from the movie The Flintstones (1994)
These are the film's currency, clams, they are seen more scenes in the movie but I have been trying for years in vain to get hold of some but have not found any for sale or in collections, they are gone.
Is there anyone here who knows about them, someone who may own some or knows someone etc?
I am very interested in buying some of them or receive any information or images.

Should anyone have other props from the film as they would like to sell it also has interest.

flinstones-movie-screencaps_com-4321.jpgflinstones-movie-screencaps_com-5560.jpgflinstones-movie-screencaps_com-5598.jpgflinstones-movie-screencaps_com-5563.jpg

Yeah I seen them show up from time to time in auctions. I know of 2 viva rock Vegas stuff is at..a poker card & poker chchip.

if your super hardcore and got 10k to send..someone is selling all 4 of the main characters outfits.

the Viva Flintstones move had different currency than the first film. If i see any i'll remember to PM you to let you know!

These are the exact clams I want to make. The ones from the second movie just don't cut it for me. It seems like these have denominations based on color rather than number, which would make sense in the stone age. The only ones I have seen for sale are from the second movie, I have been on the search for a minute.

I have been studying molding with clay and creating casts so I can make these clams in big numbers. I have found that food dye works very well with the casting agent I want to use which is perfect for the clams. I'm about a week away from a finished product but I will update when I have come up with something decent. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have created something worthwhile.

These are the exact clams I want to make. The ones from the second movie just don't cut it for me. It seems like these have denominations based on color rather than number, which would make sense in the stone age. The only ones I have seen for sale are from the second movie, I have been on the search for a minute.

I have been studying molding with clay and creating casts so I can make these clams in big numbers. I have found that food dye works very well with the casting agent I want to use which is perfect for the clams. I'm about a week away from a finished product but I will update when I have come up with something decent. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have created something worthwhile.

Hi Rapmastac1

That sounds awesome!
Good luck with your work.
I cant wait to hear more and maybe see some photos of the clams! :)

Well I have just purchased the right materials to do this job, hopefully I can get something modeled tomorrow. This is my first time doing anything like this so hopefully I can get it down. I did a lot of woodworking during the Winter (it's very expensive, sanding takes forever!) so hopefully this is better for me. I have fourteen different designs down for the clams, I am hoping I can make as little as five molds and modify the variations with a dremel. I can't seem to figure out how they determine the value of the clams. I see all kinds of colors and all kinds of sizes and none of them coordinate with each other. I think the number of prongs a clam has determines its value. A clam that lives longer has up to six arms while a new clam has two to three arms. I think color has nothing to do with it. If anyone can give me clarification on this, that would be great. Honestly I don't expect to have anything of major value until the 4th of May, being a restaurant manager keeps me fully busy!

I find your theory with the colors and number of arms very interesting.
I always thought it was quite simple, a clam = one dollar.
Most ATM's programmed to pay out a desired amount into the fewest possible notes and you see a short scene with a woman at an ATM getting paid a lot - if there was a difference between the value and she had asked for 100 she probably just would have got a 100 dollar-clam out, but instead she gets a pile of clams.
That makes me to believe that the currency is just one to one.

Hollywood Parts used to have these up for sale, I think at one stage they were trying to offload them (they offered me some as compensation for a mix up with an order). They're Hollywood PRIME now with Profiles In History, so it might be worth hitting them up.

Hey, Titanic, I know your fancy European ATMs are stocked with multiple denominations of bills (right?) but here in the US, they're stocked with $20s and only $20s, AFAIK.

Hey, Titanic, I know your fancy European ATMs are stocked with multiple denominations of bills (right?) but here in the US, they're stocked with $20s and only $20s, AFAIK.

Actually we have "smart" ATMs that stock twenties, fifties, and hundreds. There are much nicer ATMs attached to banks that can do ones and up. The clams being one to one makes sense. I have seen itty bitty clams and would bet they would count as halves maybe, I can't see them chiseling clams in half to make a purchase...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back