Hasbro TIE conversion

I'm sure it's the same or very similar. It has the 4 screws in the underside of the fuselage arms that the wings attach into. I'm not sure if the quality of the detail is the same but looks quite good.

The actual fuselage seems to be glued thereby making it rather difficult to get the windscreen out. Because I can't open the ball and not wanting to risk damaging it I can't put a mounting point on the underside of it.

Apart from that I don't want to ruin the nice detail there anyway so I may have to use a support like the small 1/72 Fine Molds Tie Fighter to use as a mount to display it on.

I envy you having those details from start. I had to sand it all down and make new ones. Was fun though. Its annoying see all misstakes when you learned how to do stuff better, but thats life. I cant blame myself for making some details so dodgy and wonky. I still love that look.

I would open the fuselage ball. To me cutting the windscreen and also reshape the round frame, making it more flat, is important to get it to look more like the real thing.

It would also make it easyer to make a mount.

slipat2.jpg

slipat3.jpg

underd.jpg

bak555.jpg

Hi Nazgul,
It's been a long time between drinks but I would like to know how you managaed to get the wings straight though.

Also, did you shorten the wing stubs that lock into the fuselage ball at all, as seen in the pic in the above post?

is there a vader tie to match this same size by hasbro?

There is a Vader X-1 available but it is just wrong all over (see attached pic).

According to Hasbro who acknowledge that the X-1 is due for an update we won't see anything new as far as this vehicle is concerned before 2013.

Last edited:
Hi Nazgul,
It's been a long time between drinks but I would like to know how you managaed to get the wings straight though.

Also, did you shorten the wing stubs that lock into the fuselage ball at all, as seen in the pic in the above post?

I had no bigger issue with my wings being warped actually. I would have put them in hot water and then hold them straight if needed.

The only thing I cut was the parts gripping into the wing.

Since my reply is so very late, my guess is that youre allready done with the conversion, and Im curious how it turned out. :)

Since my reply is so very late, my guess is that youre allready done with the conversion, and Im curious how it turned out. :)

LOL. Actually no. I haven't done a thing except acquire a few more large wing TIE's. Like you I've been way too busy to do anything these days.

Hmmm maybe one day.

Thanks for bringing this thread back. I will be modding a Tie and a few Hasbro X-Wings for a friend of mine. Already acquired pics for the X-Wing project and this will help with the Ties!

The Tie Fighter and two consecutive Hasbro X-Wings will be started after Wonderfest. Oh, and throw in a Tie Interceptor as well into the mix.

I have purchased two of each...the Interceptor and Standard TIE. I'm going to try and use one of the cockpits to make a TIE drone (I always liked that design). Always following your work, NAZ.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back