Hasbro B-wing conversion WIP

This is really cool! I am finishing up two Hasbro X-wing conversions right now, but I have two of these B-wings that are my next project. Will definitely bookmark this thread.

Only thing is I am missing two of the wing guns. Not sure yet how I am going to replace those.

This is really cool! I am finishing up two Hasbro X-wing conversions right now, but I have two of these B-wings that are my next project. Will definitely bookmark this thread.

Only thing is I am missing two of the wing guns. Not sure yet how I am going to replace those.

I would say brass or alluminium rods / tubes, different sections or if like me you have acces to a lathe machined them out of alluminium ;)

I am currently disassembling mine. Bookmarked this thread.

At first was having some trouble getting the engine/wing gear assemble out. Wow, I've had these things for decades, never knew you were supposed to push in one of the engines and twist it to open the wings! I just always opened them by hand. Amazing what you find out when you take something apart!:eek

How did you get the bottom of the cockpit off? I can't seem to figure that out.

Last edited:
I notice you have a different version than mine. I think I bought my two about the time the Special Editions came out. I see yours originally had red markings, mine have blue markings.

I also notice your wing guns are totally different than mine. This is what mine look like and I am missing two of them. Only enough to do one ship. Anybody have any of these they would be willing to part with?
IMG_0030.JPG

Found a couple on eBay, so I am good to go. I'm still having trouble getting this cockpit apart. Would appreciate some advice on that.

I assume from the long bolt you have in the side, that is going to be your mounting point? I think I am going to go through the back in the middle of the four engines with a long piece of 14" all-thread for mine. Having it run through the middle of the engines and all the way up to the back of the front intakes. Letting it stick out about half a foot out the back, and then push that into a pre-drilled hole in a wall stud. I will have to make some kind of infra structure to secure the long bolt. I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do that and still keep the wing/gear mechanism intact. I like the folding wing feature.

Sorry for the delay just don't see that sorry :thumbsdown

It has some hide screws somewhere but I can't remember exactly where I think the cone part is glued on so when you pull that appart you have acces to screws behind the seat hiding in the cone section on the inside :rolleyes You have also one under the cube in front of the cockpit in the grey decoration part the cube is glued.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back