Has anyone ever had a Bob Layton commission done?

TK9120

Sr Member
I'm trying to see if anyone has ever had commissioned him to do anything for them. I asked him to do a Dr. Doom drawing since I like the way he draws him. I sent him a picture and asked for that pose. Except a 3/4 view. Said I like the hand open just how it is. Also said I like the turned torso and the left hand the way they are. I sad to fit the legs to the pose. Just do it the dynamic Marvel way. I also asked if the cape could be nicely flowing as if the blast is blowing it out or around. Then I said that I know he likes Jack Kirby so he add the Kirby crackle to the blast if he wanted.

He said he got it. Which to me means he understands what I wanted. He sent an email with the finished drawing. He said if it was satisfactory he would send it out. I said it's not the pose I was looking for but I wasn't going to complain. Since I wanted something specific, I figured he'd send a quick sketch to make sure the pose was what I wanted. After I told him the pose wasn't what I wanted I was hoping he'd ask what was wrong with it. But that didn't happen. I'm just wondering if this is normal from him. I've heard he's a nice guy and all but I'll never get anything else from him again.

And for $315 this is what I got. Non dynamic, boring pose, coffee stains(?) bent edges and all. I guess that's expected for $100 or so, but not really. But what I got for what I paid is a complete let down.

The fist pic is the pose. The last is the way he draws Doom. I got what looks a wide Kirby Doom face. I prefer Bob's narrow face. I guess that's on me for thinking he'd draw his own version of Doom.

Doom Pose.jpgIMG_9390.jpgIMG_9391.jpgIMG_9392.jpgIMG_9393.jpgIMG_9394.jpgIMG_9395.jpgIMG_9396.jpgLayton Doom .jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back