Hardware Luke ESB lightsaber with crystal chamber

StarKill3r

Built this with everything I found in my garage or at the hardware store. A little rough and not quite accurate, but I like it.

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Pretty damned impressive for a hardware build! I used to build my sabers that way but they never looked that good!

oh my god, for hardware work, that's amazing! any part ideas or build tuts would be most welcome :) nice work, I'm really impressed haha

Nice work. Inspires me to get on with my graflex ANH conversion with full internals made from found parts (still at collecting bits and searching for inspiration stage).

so tell me, how did you do the graflex style buttons? Or are they copies/bought items. They look pretty close.

OK here is a list of parts I used for the internals

Metal rods from the disc tray inside an old DVD player
Coat hanger wire around the crystal
The copper gear came form inside an old jigsaw
The part holding the bigger crystal is from inside a super 8 movie camera
The screen at each end is from old speakers
Underneath part of one side is the cutting head from an electric razor
The graflex style buttons come from any electronic parts store and this is the one I used Part # is a PL 259

CPL-259-10.jpg

Took it apart and glued in a little plastic button painted red

And this is where my two crystals came from

IMG_2443.jpg

Just cut two chunks off, then ground them down with my dremel and then polished them up

I have boxes of saved parts from old electronics and never throw away any thing

Wait till I post my 1:1 R5D4 that came from almost all hardware or found parts :lol

:D what did you use for the saber itself? the main body looks like sink tubing, but the clamp part? and the grips look SO familliar!

Yes, the main body is sink tubing. What part of the clamp are you asking about ? The main square area is aluminum square channel and the liittle clamp part on the side I bent out of thin metal. The grips are cut pieces of PVC pipe and metal square stock. What did you think they were ? :confused

Oh no I meant the clamp band, like the metal tube.

haha great work on everything else though, that screwdriver handle is genius!

The grips looked like weather stripping or something, had no idea they were a hard material :D

That looks pretty good! I've been saving a lot of cool looking junk and hopefully will make something similar. The thing a lot of people do wrong when they do these is sticking real world circuit board in them. It just doesn't work.

Ah the clamp band.... It is just a piece of the same pipe split down one side and slide it over the saber. The control box hides the cut.

Yes, I agree sticking a circuit board in there makes it look too "real world", its SCI FI people, not what would it look like if Luke swung by the Radio Shack for parts :lol

its SCI FI people, not what would it look like if Luke swung by the Radio Shack for parts

:lol I'm getting weird images right now of luke walking into a radioshack ("can we help you"?) Do you know the ways of the force? ("...we have new phones?")

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back