Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

I received my ROTJ Han Solo DL-44 in the mail and it is Great!! A big THANK YOU goes out to BobaDebt for facilitating this run!! :)

01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG04.JPG

Nice looking blaster

Mind sharing how you did the flash hider.

Thanks for all of the kind words... for the flash hider... I mixed some flat black testors model paint with paint thinner about half and half to create a thin wash. Covered the entire flash hider concentrating on getting it in the grooves. Then let is start to dry until it gets tacky and using a rag wipe it off of the high areas only. Let it fully dry then spray the entire thing with testors dull clear coat and that was it, :)

Thanks for all of the kind words... for the flash hider... I mixed some flat black testors model paint with paint thinner about half and half to create a thin wash. Covered the entire flash hider concentrating on getting it in the grooves. Then let is start to dry until it gets tacky and using a rag wipe it off of the high areas only. Let it fully dry then spray the entire thing with testors dull clear coat and that was it, :)

Cool. I was going to paint my Flash Hiders with matte silver but your system seemed to create the look I wanted to achieve.

Thanks

Nice build and display enaswede! Where did you get the MR style plaque stand? I know Feezlenuts is contemplating a run of bent acrylic plaque stands, but I prefer the MR style. I think someone did a run of MR style plaques stands a while back.

Last edited:
Oops .. originally posted this in the wrong place maybe .. posted here again :)

Just thought I'd share my finished Blaster :) I used a light spray of Satin black over the main body, scope and grips and wiped it back with a lint free cloth just as the paint was drying and starting to bite. So it ended up only exposing the edges that would see some ware. The flash hider I sanded with a fine(ish) grit to take the shine off and then aluminium blacked .. and then weathered back to metal with wire wool, leaving black in the grooves and around the base of the cone.

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

Great kit ! went together so easy. Thanks again for everything Boba :)

3oin

If anyone is interested in a great displaystand like the MR stand for your blaster. ataru72ita is the guy! I have two displaystand from him and they are great!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back