Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Post-release)

I've known for some time I'm going to the premier of "My Little Pony - the movie" (my wife was a producer) but just now found out Zoe Saldana did a voice.

I'm not a guy who gets star struck and rarely if ever take pics with or of celebs...

But dammit, Gamora is my new Leia, and damn right if I get the chance I'm getting a pic with her, heh.

I've known for some time I'm going to the premier of "My Little Pony - the movie" (my wife was a producer) but just now found out Zoe Saldana did a voice.

I'm not a guy who gets star struck and rarely if ever take pics with or of celebs...

But dammit, Gamora is my new Leia, and damn right if I get the chance I'm getting a pic with her, heh.
I've kinda had a thing for Zoe Saldana since I saw the first Pirates movie in my early teens.

And for the record, the MLP movie is on my must-see list for this year too. :)

It was linked above, but I want to post it again with the embed cuz I think this girl friggin nailed it.

Great breakdown. Funny to boot... even got a little choked up with her personal stories.

God I love this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was linked above, but I want to post it again with the embed cuz I think this girl friggin nailed it.

https://youtu.be/8VulkN5OLEM

Great breakdown. Funny to boot... even got a little choked up with her personal stories.

God I love this movie.
I saw that last week. She has some great observations but I'd disagree with her on a couple of items.
Most notably did you noice the highlighted top commenter? (It's not me.)

I saw that last week. She has some great observations but I'd disagree with her on a couple of items.
Most notably did you noice the highlighted top commenter? (It's not me.)

Oh I have a few things I'd argue... but I think she laid it out pretty well the layers going on in this movie that other Marvel movies lack - which leads to my disconnect to the rest of the MCU for sure.

As for the commentator... Just write?

What's that?

Oh I have a few things I'd argue... but I think she laid it out pretty well the layers going on in this movie that other Marvel movies lack - which leads to my disconnect to the rest of the MCU for sure.

As for the commentator... Just write?

What's that?
In the comments section below the video. Take a look.

Ah I needed to go further down... the highlighted one in my feed was from a guy named "Just Write"

Cool on James Gunn checking it out.
I have no idea how the highlighting algorithm works.

But James Gunn himself gave a nod. I'd be sleepless for days if he ever acknowledged something of mine. From Dawn of the Dead, to Super to GotG and GotGv2 the man has a perspective I really relate to. I want to be in his circle of friends.

I have no idea how the highlighting algorithm works.

But James Gunn himself gave a nod. I'd be sleepless for days if he ever acknowledged something of mine. From Dawn of the Dead, to Super to GotG and GotGv2 the man has a perspective I really relate to. I want to be in his circle of friends.

Yeah if only the filmmakers I look up to were as eager to hang out with me as I am with them...

Gunn (James AND Sean - I actually like Gilmore Girls... and he was hilarious in it)

Abrams

Redletter Media

Landis (Thought that might get old fast)

And 90's me would wanna shoot the **** with Kevin Smith... so can't deny him that.

Yeah if only the filmmakers I look up to were as eager to hang out with me as I am with them...

Gunn (James AND Sean - I actually like Gilmore Girls... and he was hilarious in it)

Abrams

Redletter Media

Landis (Thought that might get old fast)

And 90's me would wanna shoot the **** with Kevin Smith... so can't deny him that.

I met Sean Gunn at a Seattle convention.

There was this weird lull in the autograph area and for some reason Gunn and Rooker's tables were completely devoid of customers. I took my chance and started at Gunn's table.

We chatted it up for several minutes. I told him about how much I liked the movies. (I was in Star-Lord gear) He personalized my autograph with a written message and took out his own phone to get a selfie with me. Which I will probably spend the rest of my life wondering about it's fate.

I also met Rooker...sorta. He signed my pic and walked away to go chat with Vincent D'Onofrio.

I can't believe I needed someone to explain this movie to me.
I'm usually so good at understanding themes...
How did this movie so elude me??
It's literally figuratively about ME!
I can relate to so much of this, I could write a frikkin' essay.
Maybe I will...

I had a weird moment watching that video essay where I had to ask myself "Is this now my all time favorite movie?"

I feel it's too new to tell if it will hold up... but I've watched it at least a dozen times, and I'm never bored, always finding something new.... a new level.

"All we do is yell at each other! We're not friends!"

"No. We are family"

Clinched it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just watched this for the first time last night. Wow this is a great movie. My movie of the year so far. Although I haven't seen Logan yet and I hear that's really really good too.

I actually just watched this for the first time last night. Wow this is a great movie. My movie of the year so far. Although I haven't seen Logan yet and I hear that's really really good too.

Logan's amazing, but super dark.

This movie just makes me so damn happy. I've had a rough year, which is probably why when I saw this for the first time in the theater, by myself, I was leaking out my eyes.

Hell the moment Baby Groot plugged in the amp and started dancing to ELO, I truly smiled for the first time in a long while...

give Gunn episode IX

Actually don't... Star Wars is fun, but it's not this kind of fun, and I think they would make Gunn hold back.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back