Green lenses/Black lenses?

spidermale

Hey scooby gang, when I start making my very first attempt at building armor, should I use green lenses or black? I want to go for an ANH style, not 100 percent movie accurate but close. I know that the hero masks had black lenses right? and the stunt and sandtroopers had green? Is that right?

I believe that is correct, except any stunt helmets not used on Tatoine had the same grey lenses as the Hero (like in the Blockade Runner).

<div class='quotetop'>(James Kenobi 1138 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1270424[/snapback]</div>
I believe that is correct, except any stunt helmets not used on Tatoine had the same grey lenses as the Hero (like in the Blockade Runner).
[/b]

Huh? The most famous of all Tantive IV stunt troopers, aka 'set for stun' had green lenses.

The hero helmets (fewer teeth) had dark gray bubble lenses. The stunts had flat green.

I haven't studied ANH hero helmets that much but personnally I think the bubble lenses are green and not grey, just like ROTJ helmets.

awesome. green it is. Seeing as how Im not only a newbie, I have to finish my vader first. But when thats done, I have a box full of F/X parts sitting there waiting to be turned into a TK. Ive lurked for awhile and I know that the fx isnt screen accurate, but my vader wont be screen accurate to any particular movie either, I want costumes that are recognizable, but also have little touches for me and other people in the know to check out. Even tho most people probably wont notice it, I plan on putting two white screws in the ear peices as a nod to the originals. I just wish I could get all my materials in front of me and stop time for a month to get everything done. I have no patience in a hobby tbat demands patience lol.

I like the idea of personalizing your costumes to your own tastes instead of striving for 100% screen-accuracy. It sets you apart in some ways and you don't kill yourself trying to get the 'exact shade of Testors gray that they haven't made since 1978..etc' I do that with my Beatle guitars. I don't have to get the exact 1964 correct phillips head screw on the pickup covers, etc.

Good luck on your projects.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back