GOW Lancer Prop - Finished (UPDATE: Kits are ready)

RSloan76

I've been waiting a while to get in here so I can show you guys my first prop.

This is not the toy Lancer, I made this 100% from scratch (silicone molds, urethane plastic)

My original project was to make the Lancer as a "shell" to go over my Tippmann A5 paintball gun. Last summer a friend of mine posted pics of it here.

After the project was finished I pulled casts of the "shell," re-worked a lot of stuff, created new parts, and made new molds to create the prop version.

As you can see in the pics, the magazine comes out, and the chainsaw handle folds out. It can slide but not very well. I'll get it on the next one.

I am planning on doing a run of these, but only in kit form right now. Montreal is covered in snow and I have to do a lot of sanding, dremeling, and painting on my balcony. Although I did that with this first prop, I do not want to subject myself to subzero prop-making :D That said, when the weather warms up here, I will consider creating complete, and painted versions.

I also have plans to get sound fx and lights in there.

Anyway here you go (lots of pics):

Here's both projects together:

Last edited:
Re: GOW Lancer Prop - Finished

Really beautiful work. It really has the visual weight of a real weapon.

That is PHENOMINAL. Easily the best Lancer I've seen (and trust me I've looked). I can't believe how detailed and accurate it is. It blows the NECA and Triforce versions to pieces.
Do you plan to make any other Gears props? If so, please post them. There's an unfortunate shortage of good Gears replicas.

That is a fantastic job!. I agree with Xxblackbird, that is the best I have seen too, I can't wait to see the kits

Amazing! Is the chainsaw resin as well - it looks metal.

Thanks for the compliment! It's 100% resin.

There's an unfortunate shortage of good Gears replicas.

Yeah I noticed that. I'm glad since I don't have too much competition, but at the same time, to quote Marcus Fenix, "come on!" GOW is such a beautiful and rich universe, I would've thought there would be tons of props and armor out there.

Who wouldn't like a gun with a chainsaw attachment? *ahem*

I've seen those videos. Pretty crazy.

I would like a break from working on this project for a while, but I'll soon do a run of kit versions.

thats amazing work and detail on the rifle is really sweet

even though its resin i can so picture that thing turning locust into hamburger

I gotta hop in again to say what an amazing job you did here.
The paint job is amazing and really looks like metal. I also commend you on the understated dried blood on the chainsaw. The other commercially available lancers overdo the blood, making it look corny and fake. Your chainsaw makes my belly queasy, but in a cool way.
Kits you say? How much would something like this cost?

I gotta hop in again to say what an amazing job you did here.
I also commend you on the understated dried blood on the chainsaw. The other commercially available lancers overdo the blood, making it look corny and fake. Your chainsaw makes my belly queasy, but in a cool way.
Kits you say? How much would something like this cost?

Thanks. I hear ya about the blood. The Triforce/Nightmare Armor Studios Lancer looks like someone used it to attack a jelly donut.

I tried doing a little bit of splattering on the paintball gun version and I think it's cool, but for the prop I went for a more aged look where the owner probably wiped the blood off of it everyday for years, and over time it accumulated a red/rusty hue.

Awesome job! All of it...detail, paint job, overall look. Nice replica, dude!

There isn't much GOW stuff out there.

Thanks,
Craig

I have to agree, you have done an excellent job on that lancer. I know how much time and effort go into things like this, and i can honestly say well done for producing one of the greatest replicas of the lancer.

that is pretty great work man.. i would love to see compared to the amazon lancer.. just to see the differences in them...

Thanks. I hear ya about the blood. The Triforce/Nightmare Armor Studios Lancer looks like someone used it to attack a jelly donut.

You nailed it here! :lol
Other than that, it looks absolutely awesome, definitely the best one around!!
And that would be great if you gave a go at a few other gow props, the snub pistol especially would be a great project! :)
I'd love to see a kit of those.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back