Gort Bio in P1??

TuaCathach

Hey guys

i was watching the special edition dvd of Pred 1, in the section the life of Kevin Peter hall that is on the extras Disc there is a piece where KPH is on camera in the dressing room on the Set of the Movie... and whats on the wall behind him only the Gort bio.... I actually though i was seeing things for a second..

Maybe this has been discussed before.. for me it was interesting to see some of the other ideas that were floating around at the time of the movie being shot.

I tried taking a screencap however my laptop just refuses point blank to do it.

Yeah I have been thinking about that too, after I saw a group shot with the P1 suit, bio and so on.
Someone who knows? :D
This is the pic Im talking about:

l_86375d813a0cec9e2b9eb5b3c8eb3803.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gort bio was supposed to be the main P1 bio, but then they thought it gave too much of the creature's facial structure away (lower mandibles in Gort face sculpt) so they went more for a plain blank look , which is the P1 bio we all know.

The Gort bio was supposed to be the main P1 bio, but then they thought it gave too much of the creature's facial structure away (lower mandibles in Gort face sculpt) so they went more for a plain blank look , which is the P1 bio we all know.

Bingo, i like the design myself but how different our favourite hunter would have been if they had gone with the original bio....

Gortbio.jpg

Gortbio.jpg

The P1 we come to love is a great example of simplicity, while the Gort is just great in terms of alien, different looking and form following form.

as Mr Fett said, the winston effect confirms that also. ( i think )

personally think theplain P1 was a great bio to start, as we had no idea whatlurjed under that until the end. :D

OK here is my question isn't this bio real name call the Tooth bio and not Gort. The only reason its call the Gort cause the there was a company or some guy that was name Gort sculpted some very nice predator model kits or small bios so we the HL just took on the name and started calling the bio Gort. :D

I'm pretty sure you're right, it was known as the Tooth bio, but I'm not sure who called it that. I know one of the film crews (either P1 or P2) nicknamed it skunkface. As you say, a model company called Gort released a figure with the bio, and somehow the name got changed.

I thought so I remember sometime ago on the lair dont remember if it was on the old ezBroad or here that there was a post on the bio and for some reason after everyone just started calling it the Gort bio. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back