Ganondorf from Twilight Princess.

Janitor

A group of friends and myself are going to this year's Dragon*Con. We're all dressing up as characters from Legend of Zelda. They decided to go with Twilight Princess because it looked most appealing to them. Two of them haven't ever touched a Zelda game, one in many years, but I do have to give them props (no pun intended) that they chose well. We have a Zelda, Link, and Dark Link. I wanted to go as a Goron just to see how many heads I could turn. Either in surprise, disgust, or 'I can't believe he dressed as that!', but I came to my senses and chose with Ganondorf. If you're going to have a Link and a Zelda, you HAVE to have a Ganondorf.

Since all of their costumes are either fabric or chain mail, I'm taxed with a full breastplate costume to create. The initial thought from all of us was just to use chicken wire with 18-gauge wire frame with fibreglass to make anything that wasn't fabric or chain mail. The thing is is that I'm the one that will be using the most of it. After crafting three pieces out of just the chicken wire, and many cuts because of it, I've had enough. I thought of using leatherette, cutting the pieces out and spreading a thin layer of bondo over top to make it rigid and giving it a metallic paint over.

What suggestions do you all have for me? I have less than 100 days to get it done and, to me, the leatherette-bondo route is the quickest.

I'm also on a tight budget.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back