GameStop closing stores

Costs more than Walmart or Target on games and merch. A used game only cost five dollars less than a brand new one, they buy your old system for $18, and turn around and sell it for $150. They’re Funko Pops cost on average three dollars more than anywhere else. They bought Think Geek and shut it down. Not feeling sorry for them.

The worst is that they actually blocked UK ips, so nobody in the UK can even visit the website. What’s up with that? If you desperately don’t want to ship to the UK just don’t offer it in the shipping method?

Do they even offer international shipping? They are probably losing a lot of their international buyers.

And I’m so annoyed for the merging with thinkgeek. This website was really decent. Such a shame.

They were cheaper on Funko Mystery Minis than buying a case from Entertainment Earth. But that's about all that I've bought from them lately. Maybe a really old used game here and there that were $10 or less. Otherwise, they are pretty over priced.

I worked for GameStop to close a work gap before I started teaching. They make all their profit from used games. Exactly what was mentioned above, buy for $18, sell for $150. As a worker you are told to push the used stuff, both games and systems. They computer will make you override on a new game if a used is in stock.

The other things they push hard are the memberships which is basically free money. You have to spend a huge amount of money there to break even on it. Also reservations on new games is basically just a lay-a-away program.

They have zero vision. Swore up and down what happened to Toys-R-Us would not & could not happen to them. Days are numbered for them; between the Fortnight model of free games and downloading games direct they have turned to used stuff to get by.

It wont last but what a GREAT going out of business sale they will have!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back