Game of Thrones Kings Guard Armor

Do you have an idea what they're using for the gambeson?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Devkit (A1723)

Sorry for the extended delay. I had some personal matters to attend too and the next part might be delayed as well. I am having a surgery and it might take some time to heal and not time to finish filming this. But while healing I have the beginnings of the Shoulder Pauldron filmed and will get that done and edited. But for now.. enjoy Part 2 to my Kings Guard armor build. I you go back a to the beginning of this thread you can see how I built it with some supply listings. Hope this helps people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 1 to my King's Guard Shoulder Pauldron build. This will also be in several parts, because I want to make sure I've covered as much detail as I can. You can use this with a vacuum form or without. You can also use this to make templates for other potential non metal Pauldron builds. My vacuum former in the video is not finished or perfect.. but it gets the job done and you can make a vacuum form for cheap. There are other sites that show how to do it. But this video isn't just for people with vacuum formers. If you can find a dome or bowl shaped piece of pvc plastic everything after the vacuum process still works. Now if you make it out of styrene… the vacuum forming will be easier, but manipulating pieces of it will be slightly more difficult to do and you will have to use glues and auto body filler that says "will work on styrene". Most glues will list what plastics they are safe to use on. Safety First!

If you have any other suggestions on other supplies that might be helpful in this build please comment below.

<font color="#141823"><span style="font-family: Helvetica">

Not a problem. I just want people to see other options or at least my technique. There will probably be about 4-5 of these considering how much I had to do for this piece.

Part 2 to my King's Guard Shoulder Pauldron build. This will also be in several parts, because I want to make sure I've covered as much detail as I can. You can use this with a vacuum form or without. You can also use this to make templates for other potential non metal Pauldron builds.
*special note: recently my hard drive with my video footage of making this crashed. I am attempting to get someone to recover it for me. If it is unrecoverable.. then I will have to reshoot this and the next videos will be delayed.

SO apparently the hard drive with all of the video footage of my builds crashed. I've had friends over the past few months trying to retrieve the data with no avail. SO I am going to have to reshoot stuff or just move on. Also with having moved I haven't had time to really build anything. I hope to possibly start it back up again soon. Sorry If I've missed your messages as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back