Gabe's Active Projects

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, I don't know how many active projects Gabe had running, but I know it was quite a few, both here and on Propcircle.

I know that a lot of people that have been involved in these projects feel that they have been tainted by the involvement of Gabe/Guy, but I encourage anyone who has been involved to take a positive stand and continue with the good work that has been done and continue to work to make these projects a reality, if this is at all possible without his involvement.

At a difficult time like this I feel that enablement within these communities is necessary to forge forward and show that no one person can bring down the positive and creative elements in our communities.

I have been heavily involved in the Alien motion tracker thread. Gabe/Guy was very helpful and encouraging on this project, but ultimateley it was Fred (Gigatron) who started the original thread on the RPF, and who has done a lot of the work, along with Flix4Me, Mgoob and all the other contributors.

I don't intend to let the project die, or let some kind of 'original sin' guilt feeling drag me down. Take back these projects and make them yours.

Simon

I agree Simon.

Let's not let the good work of many board members be tainted and lost. Together we can finish these projects and make them even better than they were going to be originally. :thumbsup

I'm doing my part by shepherding the HAL 9000 panel project. Please check out the latest posts in that thread for new discoveries. B)

- k

Originally posted by gnrlotto@Apr 3 2006, 11:15 AM
What about the ones that were all his, though, such as the Pink Floyd plaque (if anyone really cared enough)?
[snapback]1218880[/snapback]​

I guess you answered your own question there. I don't know the ins and outs of his projects, but he was essentially a CAD designer and researcher. I would hope that other people can step up to the plate to fill any void he left in projects he was involved in.

Originally posted by Birdie@Apr 3 2006, 09:22 AM

Take back these projects.

Simon
[snapback]1218846[/snapback]​

well said, and it will be a refreshing change to see new projects not getting hyjacked by guy making them his own.

:thumbsup

That reminds me. When there was a thread about the Tom Raider Clock of Ages, it was Prop Runner/Gabe/Guy Raz who threw the fit when I mentioned the reason most people were loathe to try it again was because Guy Raz had been involved with it. Now I know why it touched a nerve with him.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...dpost&p=1139539

He was even denying the charges against himself in the thread. What a tool.

Hey Simon,

Just to let everone know, I have no intention of letting the motion tracker project die. I'm just having a problem finding more pieces.

Worse comes to worse, we may have to find a new machinist for our parts.

-Fred

Originally posted by Mechinyun@Apr 3 2006, 02:01 PM
Yes... VK machine project must not die
[snapback]1218945[/snapback]​

It won't die as it was and still is my project. Gabe/Guy/Liar was helping with CAD services and and electronics contact. While it's a small setback I have a couple new sources for the services he was offering. No worries.

The thread and website are still here: http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...opic=106610&hl=

I have found it helpful to substitute "Guy Raz" for the names "Gabe" or "proprunner", whenever possible. It's been said but bears repeating: "Gabe" doesn't exist, and never did. It was always Guy Raz.

For example, this thread could be titled, "fate of Guy Raz's Active Projects".

If that's just too shocking to get your mind around, try just putting the quotes around "Gabe" at least. It makes things feel a little clearer anyway.

- k

Originally posted by spinner44.com+Apr 3 2006, 09:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spinner44.com @ Apr 3 2006, 09:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mechinyun
@Apr 3 2006, 02:01 PM
Yes... VK machine project must not die
[snapback]1218945[/snapback]​

It won't die as it was and still is my project. Gabe/Guy/Liar was helping with CAD services and and electronics contact. While it's a small setback I have a couple new sources for the services he was offering. No worries.

The thread and website are still here: http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...opic=106610&hl=

[snapback]1218952[/snapback]​
[/b]

Awesome man. I know its your baby and cant wait to see it completed. I just didnt know how much "he" was involved with it.

Didnt he undertake the SOLO HERO FLASH HIDER PROJECT ?

I recall he supposedly found one.... well, actually many of us identified it, he says he found one.

What is the deal with this project?

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Apr 3 2006, 12:10 PM
What is the deal with this project?
[snapback]1219187[/snapback]​

As I understand it, he intends to pass it on to someone and the details are being worked out. It's early days yet.

Ok wth did I miss over the weekend?? Why is there so much poison being thrown around towards Gabe??????

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back