FULLSIZE Predator Skull from Sideshow just put up for preorder!

Faken

Pricey, but badass.. .love the base!

http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker....00048&cid=6

400048_press01-001.jpg

400048_press02-001.jpg

400048_press03-001.jpg

400048_press04-001.jpg

400048_press05-001.jpg

400048_press06-001.jpg

400048_press07-001.jpg

400048_press08-001.jpg

400048_press09-001.jpg

400048_press10-001.jpg

Love the base too...

Dan

"Classic Predator skull", Looks like someone really wants to drive home the point that the "Classic Pred" was killed and beheaded. It's a very out standing peice of work. The detail is remarkable! It has that' museum display quality' to it. While I do like it, I don't think I'd have it in my collection, I couldn't bear looking at a "dead" pred. I like all my preds "live" and well, with blood running warm through their veins.
~Estelle

.....It is beautiful though, morbidly exquisite.

looks like the pred skull on the ground of the hunting camp... don't really like the position it's in, but really cool nonetheless, it looks like it should still be sitting on the ground from the pose of the mandibles.

Ordered.
It's not beyond the realm of thought that a Pred would take the skull of another in battle. In fact it happens quite often in the novels. I will hang this on my wall with pride. Great looking piece!!

That's what I was thinking when I had first seen the skull, that it was the one seen in the mud inside the hunting camp. Then I read the captions and seen the "Classic Skull" header. It would make more sense actually if they pushed this item as the skull seen on the ground. It supposedly being the "classic's" head/skull seems anti predator in some weird way. The classic may have been an anti-hero, but he was a hero none the less...and you just don't do this **** with heros
~Estelle

That's what I was thinking when I had first seen the skull, that it was the one seen in the mud inside the hunting camp. Then I read the captions and seen the "Classic Skull" header. It would make more sense actually if they pushed this item as the skull seen on the ground. It supposedly being the "classic's" head/skull seems anti predator in some weird way. The classic may have been an anti-hero, but he was a hero none the less...and you just don't do this **** with heros
~Estelle

Ok, well maybe picture it like this. Once again from the novels... it is often the case that when a clan goes on a hunt, there are a couple of preds (unblooded typically) that allow their kill gland to get the better of them and challenge the hunt leader or other members. It's like the bully who never ran across any real competition and thinks that he's all that and a bag of chips . In this instance, the elder or hunt leader would typically do their best to calm them, but sometimes the newb ain't having it and challenges his elder to the death. This is a good kill for the elder.... keeping the peace and the hunt pure. After all, this greenhorn might have caused them trouble down the road and endangered all of them. Skull on the wall; a classic Pred skull taken by a classic Pred

Or
...bad bloods. Those who have gone off on their own thinking they have all the answers and have flipped the bird to the clan. Skull on the wall; a classic Pred skull taken by a classic Pred

In the book Flesh and Blood, there are two clans who have never got along... attempting to get along for the betterment of the species.
One clan views the hunt as pure and sacred.
So does the other.
But their thoughts on what makes that so are very different.
One clan believes in discarding armor, cloaking, projectile weapons.... whatever, in order to always make it a fair fight.
The other thinks that blowing up a ship from a distance is just as pure of a kill. A kill is a kill. They also believe that sneaking around an enemy and stabbing an opponent in the back takes just as much skill as any other kill. The initial clan would never do that.

So the hero of the book takes 2 from his own clan (making 3) and 3 from the rival clan on a hunt at the request of the elders of both clans.

What happens is not pretty.

After a time, and despite the hero Pred's attempts to keep the peace, a battle breaks out. 5 of the 6 are killed. Not good for the race, but suppressing revolts is also a good kill. Skull on the wall; a classic Pred skull taken by a classic Pred

In this light I will hang this skull on my wall.... in honor of every honorable Predator who has fought even his own in the name of valor, honor, giri (blood debt) and the Hunt.

Of course, this is all fiction as there are no real Predators. ....or are there?

The heat index here in Chicago is soaring. Temps are in the 90s and it is extremely humid. It weighs on a person from the time they step out of their climate controlled vehicles. Early in the morning as the sun comes up, there is a haze.... almost like in the autumn when people are burning leaves. But this is just steam rising from the hot and moist ground as the night air still cools the sky. In this mist I can almost see ....can almost imagine....

nah!!! It's all fiction. Right?

I'll hang it on my wall and
......wonder.

@ JehdinThwei

I follow what you're saying and nice examples there. The novel about the rival clans sounds interesting I may just have to check it out! I'm aware of preds taking pred skulls, even without the novel's mention of this. This has always been something I imagined them doing under certain circumstances.
lol, I have a soft spot in my heart for theses guys and I hate seeing them dog each other, lol

But I tell you what... to be honest, the more I look at this thing ( skull) the more I do admire it! It's really nice..Humm, maybe if I solely looked upon it as an anatomical study piece maybe that would lessen the negative feel of it.
~Estelle

But I tell you what... to be honest, the more I look at this thing ( skull) the more I do admire it! It's really nice..Humm, maybe if I solely looked upon it as an anatomical study piece maybe that would lessen the negative feel of it.
~Estelle

Ha ha ha. That works ...died in a hunt from a fatal wound or maybe even of old age. No matter how you slice it, the artwork is impressive IMHO.

holy **** guys!!! go check in the predator alien section of the sideshow website and watch the video!!! so many sneak peaks to what's comin this year few pan around shots in between the interview clips that'll knock your socks off!! well they knocked my socks off and i wear boots!!

(they're doin a SUPER PRED SKULL TOO )

I think I'm going to be utterly dissapointed with mine.
got to see a "in hand" pic and it's not 1:1 at all!
life size replica my ass!!!
has anyone gotten a reply about tehir beserker hot toys?

Haven't heard anything since the initial announcement, perhaps it got pulled or it might get saved for later. Sideshow is already draining fans with both skulls, two bio's and three Hottoys figures.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back