Full scale X-wing stage prop drawings

Version 7 of the drawings has been released. Update the S-foil wing root area framing to specify steel tubing and stiffeners to support the weight and mount the main landing gear. Added the main landing gear and the Laser cannon drawings.View attachment 608137View attachment 608137

Oldman,.. Thank you so much! I've been working with my father to try to build a full-scale cockpit for gaming/movies/idontneedexcuses and making dimensions from scratch, while fun, takes so much time and dedication. This will get us Miles ahead. I can't thank you enough for making these available, and for free no less.

I can't wait to start on mine, The canopy will be first. I promise I'll document the build as best I can,

MTFBWYA

For the past few years I have been working on and off (mostly off) on blueprints for a full scale X-wing stage prop.

Some background
-These are not intended to be drawings of the ILM studio scale models
-I only use photos of the ILM studio models, screen caps of the original stage props, set photographs for reference
-My workflow is based upon using images/documentation of the original stage prop(s) as the controlling baseline. To fill in the missing information I use the ILM studio models. Falling back on the idea the studio was supposed to reverse engineer the BLUE 2 ILM model to create the stage prop
-The studio did not faithfully copy BLUE 2 to make the stage prop for ANH. The ESB stage prop is closer to the ILM models but not 100%
-Regarding size, I believe the "offical" size to be totally wrong. I established my base line scale by working from photos of the ILM studio model. Using a top view and scaling the sherman tank hull on the aft bulkhead. The actual size of the sherman tank is well established, the model kit used is known, assuming the ILM studio models are 1:24 scale. From there I just did the math and came up with what you see here.

-I don't see my drawings as being "screen accurate" there are simply to many unknowns and missing information. So when in doubt I fall back on the ILM studio models to fill in the blanks.

Hopefully I have gotten most of this right, if you see any blunders let me know. The ANH prop and the ESN prop are not identical and I still have not settled on a method to document the differences, so thats another thing to work out.
I know I’m years late to the party lol but where are these blueprints you have done? Did they disappear

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back