Fringe

found this on my net travels. a blueprint for the machine.

FringeMachine.jpg

Hi guys,

I just finished cleaning the QR code on Ettas ID. If you have a smartphone and the app then it will lead you to a website.

Enjoy

Dietrich

Fringe Residency Protocol Season 5 Teaser | Seriable

Hi guys,

on the link above you can see a video with some eastereggs. One of them contains the Fringe Division ID seen in one of the last episodes from season five on the scientists when they were standing on the stairs waiting to get scanned from the Observers.

Can anybody tell me what to see in the QR code? It must be a really short word, because I used FRINGE and it's the same size.

Also if anybody has got a better or cleaner picture of Henrietta Bishop/Georgina Haig, that would be perfect.

Thanks in advance

Dietrich

Wallpaper_zpsc9f7a95d.jpg

Hi guys,

only 7 weeks left for this years FedCon, so here's my very first wallpaper for Jasika Nicole from Fringe.

In the lower part you can read "Wallpaper design by Dietrich Kerner" in the Observer font.

Enjoy

Dietrich

Thanks Spitfire35,

the final episode of Fringe was shown last Friday over here in Germany, and it was a really good ending.

Enjoy

Dietrich

Hi guys, i'm new here but I am attempting to create the most accurate version of the show me badge as my very first project. I've found a plastic card printers that is willing to work with me and so far the final version will have:

- Magnetic Strip
- Signature Strip (as the card is apparently signed not printed signature)
- Gold foil printing for the microchip

I've also managed to source a more accurate colour scheme with some research such as using the new book "September's Notebook" as a reference.

But putting that all aside for the time being, at the moment I'm trying to crack the barcode used on the front of the card. I know the general consensus is Code 128 - however according to my research and Wikipedia, code 128 is supposed to start with a start code in the format:

Bar Space Bar Space Bar Space

Code 128-A's start code is 211412
Code 128-B's start code is 211214
Code 128-C's start code is 211232

(1 = thinnest line or space, 4 = fattest line or space)

When you look at the cards none of them start with a line that is 2 thick (they start with 1 thickness lines) - if that makes any sense.

So I am thinking either the barcode is just made up and not a barcode at all (just random lines) or it is a different format that Code 128. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, just figured something out.. if you split the barcode used on the show me cards in half (that includes cutting one character down the middle) then the code repeats itself perfectly.. so looks more likely it is just made up.. The image below shows what I mean (red line is where I cut the code in half - lighter part shows first half of the code where I have pasted it above last half).

bell_barcode.png

Do you agree?

Hi guys, i'm new here but I am attempting to create the most accurate version of the show me badge as my very first project. I've found a plastic card printers that is willing to work with me and so far the final version will have:

- Magnetic Strip
- Signature Strip (as the card is apparently signed not printed signature)
- Gold foil printing for the microchip

I've also managed to source a more accurate colour scheme with some research such as using the new book "September's Notebook" as a reference.

But putting that all aside for the time being, at the moment I'm trying to crack the barcode used on the front of the card. I know the general consensus is Code 128 - however according to my research and Wikipedia, code 128 is supposed to start with a start code in the format:

Bar Space Bar Space Bar Space

Code 128-A's start code is 211412
Code 128-B's start code is 211214
Code 128-C's start code is 211232

(1 = thinnest line or space, 4 = fattest line or space)

When you look at the cards none of them start with a line that is 2 thick (they start with 1 thickness lines) - if that makes any sense.

So I am thinking either the barcode is just made up and not a barcode at all (just random lines) or it is a different format that Code 128. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Rob,

welcome to the RPF and always remember: The Show Me Card is a creation of the alternative universe where things are a little different.

Dietrich

BTW: I just sent you an email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dietrich,

Very good point :) never considered that.. however it is interesting to note that now I have split the barcode in 2 equal parts when I run it through an online barcode scanner it is read as a UPC-A code successfully with content "621106400428". If you lookup 621106400428 using a UPC checker ( Yoopsie: Your Free UPC Lookup Tool ) it shows as a CD called "A Peaceful Mind Journey to Expanding Your Horizons" ( Amazon.com: A Peaceful Mind Journey to Expanding Your Horizons: Brian E Walsh PhD, Brian E Walsh, Tom Dawson: Music ). Seems to be a relaxation CD.

I just wonder if when creating this prop, the prop maker needed a barcode, grabbed the first thing near him with a code on it (that cd) and copied it twice and stuck it next to each other..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back