Free HD Hogwarts Paintings Scans! (Finally!)

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
For your prop making pleasure, here are a few 600dpi scans from the book "The Paintings of Hogwarts." An expensive damn book and extremely difficult to find without buying the others.

Fancy preview:
attachment.php

EDITED: here are the new links since photobucket is absolute trash now:

Happy Christmas

-Moony

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-28 at 2.34.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-28 at 2.34.40 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 2,406
Last edited:
Hey, thanks Mooniteman. I seems to always be just too late to miss the deals for the set. I think I'd even be happy to be able to look through the books in the store or library, but that isn't even possible. I guess I'll continue to just look at whatever I can find that gets posted and try to get my fix that way.

Hey, thanks Mooniteman. I seems to always be just too late to miss the deals for the set. I think I'd even be happy to be able to look through the books in the store or library, but that isn't even possible. I guess I'll continue to just look at whatever I can find that gets posted and try to get my fix that way.

The deals on the set are still pretty astronomical. Amazon has them, but they are pretty pricey regardless. I would LOVE to see a scan of the full set, but that would take days of meticulous scanning that would compromise the binding. The copy I have is getting worked a bit more than I would like just to get those few scans. There are a TON of pics in there, so I will try to get some more when I get up the courage. Overall though - I was a tad disappointed that some of the paintings from the Gryffindor common room and other highlights were not featured.

Anybody have scans from the guide to the graphic arts department book?

Sorry. Just this one from me (all I have) but I would love to see this as well!

Thanks for the scans!

No problem! And nice name! Been meaning to do a run of that Hook portrait on canvas.

I am new and only started making Potter props two months ago after visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and had its awesomeness push my geek doom to new heights.

Anybody have scans from the guide to the graphic arts department book?

i was able to get one of the Harry Potter from Page to Screen collector's editions when they blew them out on Amazon last month for $120. I was most excited to get The Guide to the Graphics Art Department to help me make paper props. The book has everything I was hoping it would have. I am more than happy to make scans of anything in the book or anything else in the box set people are looking for. Since I am new I was amazed at how much stuff is already on this forum so I am overwhelmed trying to figure out what has been posted already and what is needed.

I am new and only started making Potter props two months ago after visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and had its awesomeness push my geek doom to new heights.

i was able to get one of the Harry Potter from Page to Screen collector's editions when they blew them out on Amazon last month for $120. I was most excited to get The Guide to the Graphics Art Department to help me make paper props. The book has everything I was hoping it would have. I am more than happy to make scans of anything in the book or anything else in the box set people are looking for. Since I am new I was amazed at how much stuff is already on this forum so I am overwhelmed trying to figure out what has been posted already and what is needed.

Well, if you haven't seen my thread in the replica forum, I'm building my own version of the gryffindor common room set, so I would be very interested in and thankful for ANYTHING to do with the construction and decorating of the real thing. :)

Thanks a ton for the scans....we're taking a crack at updating the library in the house in a Hogwarts inspired style, and this will help soooo very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back