Forge Props Pipboy Cast - any experience with them?

madmanmoe64

I'm looking to buy a pipboy kit or cast. I know someone used to sell them on here a year or two ago but now I can find no mention of it.

A site called forgeprops still has one listed for sale, I assume it's just a cast of the clock that came with the Fallout 3 survival edition.
I wanted to know if anyone has bought one from here or what the quality is like. I'm happy working on it a bit, so long as the basic shape is right.

Or if there are any alternatives for me to get a pipboy somehow. (I really don't have time for a scratch build)

Thanks,
- Tom

I bought one of his for my wife's birthday a few years back. Since it's cast from the clock, its small so if your arm is big it won't fit without modification. The cast was pretty good - only a few things to fill and finish. You'll want to get some small hinges and a clasp to install so it can close on your arm. He doesn't include that hardware. With a considerable amount of modification, I was able to fit an old iphone 4 inside running a pipboy sim. I also installed some lights and a working knob and I think it all turned out pretty good. I used scans of the box from the clock to make a box for it and padded it with foam. Made one hell of a gift. With the new PipBoy app coming out for Fallout 4 this would be a perfect alternative to the new one coming with the Fallout 4: PipBoy Edition and it will make this a functional unit.
2013-02-15_19-22-38_648_zps5sevljrn.jpg 2013-02-05_19-35-56_546_zpspnpzjhxt.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
The finished product looks great.
I was half considering scratch building one but I just won't fit it in over the summer. I'm looking forward to getting one of these now.
I have pretty skinny wrists and probably won't wear it much anyway, unless the new app turns out to be really good.

- Tom

I used one of Skruffy's casts I dont know if he still does them. This was shipped to UK with no probs. I managed to mod it to use an Iphone as a screen.
20131226_140748 (1).jpg

I used one of Skruffy's casts I dont know if he still does them. This was shipped to UK with no probs. I managed to mod it to use an Iphone as a screen.

Yeah Skruffy was the guy I almost bought one off before. But I can't find his junkyard thread so I presume he stopped selling them a long time ago.

Skruffy's Etsy page still has the glove part listed for sale.
Also AirbrushWerks here in the U.K sell a finished copy for £135 so I might e-mail them to see if they'll sell me a raw cast.

Failing that I found some decent STL files for the Pipboy and might see if I can mill one out on my CNC machine.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back