Forbidden Planet Pistols

I think it is.

They vacumum formed the props along with Robby, so white plastic that the was painted works for me.

Plus it is totaly corrected in every detail.

I can not find a flaw.

Rich

Anybody know (or best guess) as to the price this item commanded back at the 1970's MGM auction?

Also, wouldn't this design be the most widely used prop ray gun because of it use in many MGM Movie and TV features?

The thing of it is, that there is so much we will never know about the prop designs from FP because of it's studio origins. Who designed the Blasters, the Command Mic radio, Doc Ostrow's medical props? What did the first designs for the props look like? Why did that jewelry box (also used for the radio props, you can see the ball clasps on them) on the holster side of the equipment belt have a battery box like the Command Mic? Why are there no behind the scenes photos of the fifty four foot miniature of the Krell shaft? So much we will ever know.

David.

:confused Actually the answers are there if you know where to look and whom to talk to.

Most of the props were designed by Arthur Lonergan with refinements by A. Arnold "Buddy" Gillespie. The various props were a quick put-together by Chief mechanic Glen Robinson, his assistant Joe Zomar and technicians
A. D. Flowers, Logan Frazee and Dean Pearson. The chief electrician was Jack McMasters with Earle McCoy, BSEE (from CalTech) as a consultant with electrical work done by Chuck Frasier, Dion Hanson and Eddie Fisher. The Krell shaft was filmed by Harold Wellman; the C-57-D miniatures were filmed by Floyd Parrish. I have photos all of the props and I will post them as soon as they are scanned. (I have a virtually complete list of who worked on Forbidden Planet taken from the company archives. It's much more extensive than what you find on the IMDb, even giving the names of the crewmen That James Best and William Boyette played!)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back