For all of you Hunters in costume this Halloween I salute you!

VinMan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey hunters

Just an observation from a guy who has obsessed about getting to the end of the journey.

because I cant freaking wait to be fully suited in the most physically uncomfortable costume ever created...but It aint happening this year because... there just is not enough time.
I kinda lost focus of other **** that is really important and trying to get the pred built before Halloween was becoming a job and not a pleasure.

I do this because I love it. Now that I have resigned myself to the fact that it won't be ready for the accolades and awards this year. I can take another full year to do this at my pace
and not let anything else have to take a back seat to my obsession.

The journey is what it is all about. Enjoy it and take your time. let it happen and evolve at it's own pace and the end result will be a Pred without any compromises you can be proud of

Just one man's observations

VinMan

I would have to agree with you on that Vinmanmac. It had became a chore for me to get my costume Akisha done, I think I did well, but I was rushing to get it done, well now that the Con is over, I am taking the time to really redo some of the things right, and with better materials. I am even looking in to adding more. But I agree to what you say, being a cosplayer of two years, it starts becoming a job, and work to do. Enjoy the time you have working on your costume, hearing from another cosplayer.. Half the fun is building your suit, and dont forget that.

All of us have different skills and we are all amazing in our work.

Be proud of what you do =D

great topic, and there isent a suit that can compare to a pred suit, i love my suit and am very very proud, im sorry V but
its understandable that other stuff came up, its very difficult to get a suit ready for halloween , i was in the same spot last yr with my hommade one lol
luckey i got a new suit and i dont have to worry bout it now, its done and all i have to do is repair if needed,

the lair is the best and nothing compares to a pred suit, happy halloween guys, the only time we dont seem like crazy obsessed costumers lol hahaaah

Great thread Vin :eek: Im with you, I have a tonne of work to do before mine is finished but I am determined to have it wearable for Halloween with revisions to follow afterward. I have spent the last year getting this together and cant afford to miss out now. But im still loving it and I work well under pressure. So good luck to all you Hunters and have a great Halloween if you managed to get suited up!!!

I'll be fully suited up again this year, but I am looking forward to having another year to prep the suit again (gonna likely upgrade to a latex suit and better armour) I half expected to not go out this year due to the birth of our little boy, but my wife was cool with me going out, so I'm in the clear. LOL!

Hitting an all-time low right now. Pulled an all nighter last night in order to have my suit ready for Halloween. Got to working and really didn't realize what time it was. If you remember the original Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder running around the inventing room trying everything he can. I felt the same, excited to be airbrushing this, gorilla gluing that, hot glue here. peel and pull there. Paying for it now, but still loving it. Just in a rush to finish up the last minute details.
Twisted One

So almost done. Got the wireless remote for the lasers installed. Butt flap and loin leather glued in. Just have to place the neckseal and trim the arms a bit and I'm good to go. Looks like this Pred will be making the Halloween rounds

Im on the same boat with you there right now! But im pushing myself to the limit to get this thing done because ive been trying to get it done for like 2 years now and just either lost focus, got too busy, or too much school work. I am going to get this thing done though even if i get no sleep until halloween :devil: Im having fun right now painting my body suit so i think ill be fine.
When im done it im sure it will have been worth it, there better be MOBS of people downtown on halloween :eek: hehe

vman take your time i know you must be bummed but just know this time next year you will be in your full glory. it took my almost 4 years to build my first pred suit

for those who are getting ready,..enjoy this time people, it only comes around once a year and the rush your feeling now

...when it's gone... you'll miss it trust me.

i'm in a last minute scamble to pull off a new look as well...not sure i can with the time left but i'm having a blast.

Im planning on selling mine but I may suit up one last time on halloween even if its just at the shop or to help my brother pass out candy.

Great Thread VinMan indeed.... Starting at the beginning of Sept. I knew I wouldn't be ready for a screen accurate stepping out this ween. At least like a bunch of us, I'm almost there and will terrorize the local hood at least... Looking forward to finding fulltime work and then finishing this suit for next years con and HW 2010. I agree, most of the fun is in the making so enjoy that and you're not alone so don't stay bummed... Besides, I think the stormtrooper outfit I have has a higher 'ouch' factor...

Like the man said, for those ready to go... Hurrah! Happy Hunting... it's assembly festivus for the rest of us!!

Don't rush bro... My 1st Pred was back in 2005 and I rushed it... The whole thing fell apart by nights end... I rushed it to have something to wear and regreted it by nights end! Take your time and do it right!

really sorry to here that you wont be suited up this year bro....

but im sure that many people including me are so thankful for the armour templates that you posted, and you will have a kick ass costume for next year

thanks vin

gs

Im not doing anything now I got screwed on another costume not arriving in time for halloween. Dont any of these prop builders that make this stuff get tired of F#&King up everyones plans by making promises they cant keep? Im not so much pissed about it as very dissapointed that my plans are ruined yet again.

it ok man.... it is now 6:00 at my house and i'm just finishing up throwing together something easy so that i could still do something on one of my favorite holidays :D

oh well, but hey HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yes.. Kudos to you VinMan for the templates and items you sold including stuff to me... I'm getting ready to put on my 85% complete rig and will terrorize the kids in a friends neighborhood. Sorry about your sitch inkmonster... I really got started late this year with anticipation of being ready next year! I've been burned previous years and actually, I ordered a cannon over a month ago and the base arrived yesterday! It looks cool but alas, no time to finish the wiring... With any luck, I'll finish mine 100% by Christmas (09)... Happy H-O-Ween everyone!!

Just got back from the club. Lost the costume contest to some kid wearing a transformers bumblebee costume made of crdboard. it sucked balls too, but they went by crowd applause and he had like 30 ppl there for him, to my 2 handlers. ARRRRGH! plus 2 ppl decided to rip dreads off my head. fuckin toolbags.

Bad luck oneuglymf, i know how you feel, i had tossers all night trying to pull my tail and spines off my alien, but your always gonna have that small minority who try to ruin everything.

I've beeen working on my low-budget Predator costume for 2 months. When I went to the Fire Wheel Mall Halloween festival I was mobbed by families wanting to take pictures with me. This forum was right about what to expect. And sure enough, people start pulling on the dreads and start pushing and shoving until they get a picture. Now I know how Mickey Mouse feels at Disney world.

After the festival I went to eat at a restaurant where I was thrown in to a costume contest and won 1st place - $50. Crazy. Anyways, thanx for a great forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back