Food for thought

P

ptgreek

I'm kinda posting here because this is the topic area that everyone generally reads first. Here's the deal, I know that we tell alot of the newbies to the Lair to read old threads for instruction, inspiration, etc. I think it is a good idea as well. Now, here is my dilema. I decided to check out old posts in the hunters gallery for some ideas for some pred inspired ink I plan on getting. Starting at page two most of the threads containing artwork have had the photobucket links changed or deleted. All there is, was a post with the lame "oops" picture and then about ten post on how much that piece of no longer existing artwork rocked!. So now...there are about two to three useless pages of back posts alone in the Gallery. I never really realized that this was happening because I've been a daily visitor of the Lair for the past two or so years, and while I dont post all that much myself...I try to stay current with all the threads. I can only imagine how many "holes" there are in other older archives. So guys...for the sake of the Newbies....and us old guys who want to take trips through memory lane...let's try and keep some of those links active.

again...just some food for thought

excellent point bro, I've been spending the past 2 days deleting posts that no longer have the source images attached.

cleaning up the cave, so to speak.

Couldnt have said it better. I've looked in the old threads, some pictures are gone before the thread reaches the second page.

Well some posts get very little if any feedback on them regarding topics images which could explain why they were taken down. Gets discouraging when you see 2 replies and 75 views or worse, no replies. Other times the same question gets posted in 3 threads with replies instead of staying on topic. Too much gets posted in the Trophy Room instead of the related areas of the forum.

That's directly linked to the lack of activity.

I've kept artwork in the Gallery for months, and I recently threw away the photos from photobucket, becuase I got little or no replies or feedback.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back