Foo Fighters the movie

SteveNeill

Sr Member
As if I didn't do enough yes I made a movie too. It took over two years to make and was shot on consumer cameras. Big mistake but I worked with what I had at the time.

There were many friends and family involved. My wife wrote the script based on a short story I wrote. My friend Jeff McCann and I were the DPs.

I created all the CGI effects in Lightwave which took one person a lot of time to do as there was so much of it. And I hate CGI. Again it's what I had to work with since I could get real P-51s. ;)

I did the creatures and I edited and mixed the whole thing. What a long haul. But it's done now. It's being put on DVD and copies released soon.

It's only 1 hour 5 minutes. Still a daunting task. Next time I'll just do a short and have done with it.

This film despite the website: www.foofightersmovie.com and many trailer of which this is the best: YouTube - ‪New-Foo_fighters-Trailer_03-23-10_2.mpg‬‏
has attracted practically zero attention.

But it has no T&A. Has a story that makes you think. It's retro. 3 strikes and your out. But in the end I kind of like it. It's a neat weird little movie about a bunch of pilots in WW2 that shoot down a UFO.

But since I share so much on this forum about modeling and my Hollywood effects work it would be complete without telling you guys about this effort. You probably never heard of it.

As soon as DVDs are available I'll let you guys know. In the mean time watch the trailer full screen and 720p and see if it interests you at all. I'd be curious.

Thanks,

Steve Neill

AWESOME!

Steve, I'm with you on not caring for CGI. But I've got to say, I really liked what you did with the effects. Loved the music too.

The trailer has got my attention. Really looking forward to checking this out when it becomes available.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Ack! Steve, any chance to host the video anywhere else? Youtube blocks my access because of the music that was used :\

Thanks guys and the jerk offs at YouTube can bite me. That music is legal and paid for. I told them before and have the contracts on my computer from the source. They just ignore me. I really need my own server for video.

Steve

Thanks guys and the jerk offs at YouTube can bite me. That music is legal and paid for. I told them before and have the contracts on my computer from the source. They just ignore me. I really need my own server for video.

Steve

Hey Steve,

you have to tell them the "bite me" part in GERMAN! :lol Since we have a different licensing system over here that Youtube does not want to pay royalties for it means that they automatically block videos that are detected as potential violators of copyrights. Almost 80% of the youtube videos that are linked from the RPF fall into the "can´t watch it" category. Really a bummer.

As is typical with my movie little or no interest. I should have had blood sucking zombies from hell with rocket launching breasts and I'd be in. :lol

Still to the 5 people that had an interest the DVDs will be released next week.

I'll keep you advised.

3 years in the making, over 15 minutes of CGI (I personally did)of WW2 planes fighting a UFO and all I got it a T-shirt!

Ahahahaa!!

Steve

www.foofightersmovie.com

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back