Fonzi's Happy Days motorcycle

They may have had different bikes or had to make repairs during the run of the show.

As you can see from this photo, the muffler guard appears to be the same as the one being auctioned.

Fonzie%2527s+Custom+Triumph+%25233.jpg

They may have had different bikes or had to make repairs during the run of the show.

Very true, and I did assume the same thing...but you'd think that when auctioning off such a high profile/high priced piece, they'd at least post a pic of the actual item as seen in the show. I mean, is that really too much to ask? :rolleyes

I was listening to an old Russell Brand show today, featuring Henry Winkler, and he states in it that the bike from Happy Days was the one used in Great Escape to jump the barbed wire.

Anyone heard this?

I was listening to an old Russell Brand show today, featuring Henry Winkler, and he states in it that the bike from Happy Days was the one used in Great Escape to jump the barbed wire.

Anyone heard this?

They were different bikes but owned and supplied by the same guy

I read somewhere that Henry Winkler didn't actually know how to ride a motorcycle and they had a double do the scenes. Anyone heard the same?

I read somewhere that Henry Winkler didn't actually know how to ride a motorcycle and they had a double do the scenes. Anyone heard the same?

Version I heard was they tried him on a Harley first and he fell off and damaged his leg ( couldn't handle the size of it ).

Hence why they switched to the smaller lighter Triumph.

Henry Winkler was on the BBC last night and he stated again that it was the same bike used by Steve McQueen, and that he can't ride a motorcycle. The latter caused some surprise in the studio!

The bike with the tank rack and hard tail from was used for the in studio shots. It was seen several times on camera.
The producers dropped the Harley because the studio felt it was too "Biker".
He could wear a leather jacket but not on a Harley so that was why the switch to the triumph. the bike used buy Steve was a TT 650 but with the smaller tank and it was worked to look like a BMW of that era. He used the Triumph because it had rear suspension and the BMW did not. It was also faster than the BMW.The Pic of the Fonz and the girl is a different bike than the bike being sold (it was rarely seen in the show ) and it wasn't the bike used by McQueen although it is the same model.......just sayin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back