FM 1/72 Millennium Falcon Mandible Surgery

Thanks for the great comments guys,.....really loving the larger scale,..after painting the wee 1/144 Falcons

I had to do some rework to the exhaust housings,...they were too tall making the grilles sit too low in them

IMG_3713_zpstk7sqerr.jpgIMG_3714_zpsc243acbm.jpgIMG_3715_zpse30ja7mo.jpgIMG_3712_zpsv6cjf5dq.jpg

J

Last edited:
Thanks PredatrHuntr & thebeans

I had to redo the grilles they were too low & too much border round them,....I'm happy now

IMG_3808_zpsrc23vad3.jpgIMG_3806 2_zpshgw5vybj.jpgIMG_3807_zpsewq0qeod.jpg

Thanks very much for looking

John

Last edited:
Thanks very much senormodeler & korben

I did a bit of painting on the underside:

IMG_3827_zps3ducwfzt.jpgIMG_3824_zpsnzhrugjl.jpgIMG_3825_zps30iykt0o.jpgIMG_3826_zpsvihlkopk.jpg

Thanks very much for looking
John

Last edited:
I have the paragraphics set,....not sure how I'm going to light it yet

Same with the engines.....switches & power etc

Thanks SofaKing

John

The Paragraphics set is super! The thing about it is that it's designed for the MPC Falcon and while the rear wall fits the FM well, the floorpan doesn't fit the nose. But you don't have the FM nose anyway, do you? I mcgyvered my Paragraphics like this an I like how it turned out. I lit the thing quite brightly and blocked light leaks with bare metal foil, I did not trust paint to be enough.

I am still kicking myself that I didn't know the problem with the mandibles when I built mine. I really, really like what you've done and I will look through this thread very closely once I begin my second Falcon.

I have the paragraphics set,....not sure how I'm going to light it yet

Same with the engines.....switches & power etc

Thanks SofaKing

John

Is that a Shapeways cockpit cone or did you trim down the FM long snout?

No, I shortened the stock one a bit

The Paragraphics set is super! The thing about it is that it's designed for the MPC Falcon and while the rear wall fits the FM well, the floorpan doesn't fit the nose. But you don't have the FM nose anyway, do you? I mcgyvered my Paragraphics like this an I like how it turned out. I lit the thing quite brightly and blocked light leaks with bare metal foil, I did not trust paint to be enough.

I am still kicking myself that I didn't know the problem with the mandibles when I built mine. I really, really like what you've done and I will look through this thread very closely once I begin my second Falcon.

Thanks Avanaut,....yours looks brilliant,...Going to give it a go probably tonight

A second one!!.....thanks for the compliment,...yours was an inspiration for mine

J

I'm really enjoying this thread, but the pictures on the first page aren't showing up for me. Is there any way you can fix that? - I'd love to see the surgery process itself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back